chapter 89 - bittersweet

~second person's p.o.v~

You were nervous to say the least. Where was Dallas going? What mental state was he in?

You began speed walking down the hall. Then, you were jogging quicker. You were a couple minutes behind him, so the moment you got outside you broke into a full on sprint.

You ran in a random direction, hoping you could figure out where he went. Where would he go at a time like this?

-

Meanwhile, Ponyboy had made it back to the Curtis house. He told the gang the news and they didn't say anything. They just sat there, overcome by grief.

"Y/n went after Dally. He can't take it, he's gonna blow!" Ponyboy cried.

-

It was pitch black out, the only light coming from streetlights and nearby stores.

You felt like giving up hope and going to the Curtis house. You couldn't find Dallas and you had been looking for a bit. Besides, you promised Ponyboy you'd go back to his house.

But you made a promise to myself. You were gonna find Dally, and you weren't  gonna leave him at a time like this. You'd  go to jail if you had to, you just can't up and leave Dallas now.

He might've been off causing trouble. Who knows how he copes with things?

Your hand travelled to the waistband of your pants and you felt the cold metal of the gun.

Just in case, you thought.

You stood there for a moment, feeling clueless.

Suddenly, gunshots pierced the silence in the air. Your heart sped up, you felt more alive than ever before. More alert.

You ran in the direction of the gunshots. You had more energy than you'd ever had before, the adrenaline coursing through your veins made it so you were able to keep going.

You thought, no you knew that those gunshots had to do with Dallas.

"Come on, Y/n!" You spoke under your breath, encouraging yourself to keep going. Your ponytail had fallen out a while ago, and you unbuttoned your brother's old jacket so you could get some air, still leaving it on though. Your legs ached, your head was pounding as hard as your heart.

You couldn't keep up. You had to stop a moment, taking a breather.

After around fifteen seconds, you took off again. You ran by a store and saw a payphone. There was cloth bags sitting next to it, and you saw something that surprised you.

Blood.

"Fuck!" You yelled, sprinting harder. You were so close to getting to him, you knew it.

You ran by the train, the sound of it right next to you practically deafening. Your hair was whipping behind you, but your only focus was on keeping your breath even and putting one foot in front of the other.

You made it to a field and saw Dallas sprinting. You heard sirens and you knew what was happening.

He was running from the cops.

You ran harder, you ran faster. You ran faster than Dallas and began gaining on him.

You were now only a couple feet away, but Dallas still hadn't noticed you.

"You'll never take me alive!" He yelled, pulling his heater out of the waistband of his jeans.

"DALLAS, NO!" You screamed. He turned to you, eyes wide as you shoved him violently down.

her way ✰ (dallas winston x reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें