chapter 61 - direct

this is shit lmao

~your p.o.v~

Dallas and I were sitting on the steps in front of the Curtis house, the muffled sound of laughter and talking from inside. We were quiet for the most part, passing a cigarette between us and taking drags from it.

This was my perfect chance.

"Hey, Dal?" I began, taking a drag of the cigarette and looking over at him. I blew the smoke out and passed it back to him.

"Yeah?" He asked, still looking out into the night sky in front of him as he took a drag.

Well, here goes nothing.

"Would you ever consider dating again? I mean I know Sylvia was a real..." I trailed off and Dallas chuckled.

"Bitch?" He finished the sentence for me. I giggled and nodded.

"Yeah, I guess that was the word I'm looking for." I agreed, looking over at him. He looked at me now, too.

"But would you ever consider something? A real relationship again?" I asked, my voice serious and quieter now. Dallas stayed quiet for a moment, but he smirked to himself.

"Depends on the person." He answered. He gave me a look like he was expecting me to say something.  I bit my lip nervously, considering my next words carefully.

"I want to be with you, Idiot." I blurted out. He looked taken aback by my words.

"Wow, that was direct." He chuckled again. I sighed.

"I'm sick of this game. We make out and spend the night with each other for God's sake. I don't exactly call that 'just friends' behaviour, don't you think?" I leaned my chin on my hand, looking lazily at Dallas. I hadn't even been rejected yet but I still felt embarrassed.

"You don't think we're soulmates or anything though, right?" He asked. I rolled my eyes, scoffing.

"Please, I'm sixteen. I don't expect to spend the rest of my life with you, I'm still a kid." I answered. He smiled.

"Alright, good. I can't be with someone who thinks this will last forever." He agreed.

We stayed silent for a moment and I wasn't sure what to say.

"So... Do you wanna like...?" I trailed off nervously and he laughed.

"Yeah, sure." He answered. I smiled.

"Really? Like seriously you want to?" I started rambling excitedly. He rolled his eyes and leaned over, pressing a harsh kiss to my lips.

He parted from me and I was left feeling dazed. I smiled to myself and rubbed the back of my neck, all of the sudden feeling bashful.

"You're acting like that was your first kiss." Dal made fun of me. I shrugged.

"I can't help it! There's a lot of emotions coming up right now, man!" I sighed. Dallas wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his side.

"Awe, poor baby." He teased. I nudged him with my elbow.

"You're a real prick, ya know that?" I joked.

"Sure. Now do you wanna kiss this prick like a normal person or are you gonna get all freaked out again?"

"I think I can manage to kiss you normally." I laughed as I spoke. Dallas leaned in again and kissed me, tugging me closer to him by my hips. I tangled my fingers in his hair, deepening the kiss.

We parted and I played it off, but I put my hand over my mouth to hide my smile.

"You guys have to be dating!" Two-bit said behind us, causing me to jump and Dallas to mumble 'Jesus Christ' under his breath.

"Yeah, we just got together." Dal spoke for me and I turned to look at Two-bit. Two-bit's face lit up.

"Finally! Man, you would not believe how much Y/n talks about you-"

"Okay, thanks Two-bit!" I yelled over his voice, shooting up from the step and pushing Two-bit into the house. Before the door shut behind him I could hear him laughing.

"My God." I muttered as I stared at the door momentarily, embarrassment washing over me.

I was about to turn around when I saw Dal's hand be placed near my head, trapping me near the door. I smirked and turned around to look at him and was greeted by a smiling Dallas.

"You talk about me?" He asked. I scoffed.

"You're gonna laugh at me, right?"

"Oh, absolutely." He laughed a bit.

"Well, there's no avoiding it. Yeah, I talk about you all the time." I admitted, noticing how small the distance was between us. He must've noticed too, because his gaze fell onto my lips.

"All the time, huh?" He mumbled, his breath hitting my lips. I giggled and nodded.

"Yeah, all the time."

He leaned in and kissed me. It was short, but still nice.

"That's real cute, Baby."

"Baby, huh? That's new." I felt my face get hot.

"Well can't I give you pet names?" He asked, grinning. I smiled back.

"Yeah, I could get used to that."