chapter 78 - giddy

short and confusing chapter idk

~your p.o.v~

We had started heading back home and we were staying at another motel. I think it was the last one we'd be staying at before we finally made it back home.

This time, Johnny and Ponyboy had gotten a separate room, while Dallas and I were in a separate one.

It was pitch black in the room and I changed into shorts and a tank top, getting ready for bed. Dallas wolf whistled from where he was laying on the bed and I rolled my eyes, throwing my old shirt at him. He laughed, throwing it to the side.

I sighed, getting a jogging start and diving onto the bed. I turned onto my back, staring up at the ceiling. I propped myself up on the headboard and Dal slipped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his side.

He leaned over to the nightstand, grabbing his pack of cigarettes. He also grabbed his matches, running a match across his Christopher necklace.

"You always wear that necklace." I said out of nowhere. Dallas lit his cigarette, shaking the match in his hand so the flame would go out.

"Gave it to Sylvia when we were dating. Turns out she didn't even deserve it." Dallas took a drag of the cigarette and I watched the cigarette between his lips for a moment, then looked back up at him.

"Why'd you give me the ring instead?" I asked, subconsciously fiddling with the ring on my finger. Dallas smiled to himself.

"I didn't want you wearing something my past girlfriends have had. Thought you deserved something else of mine that was unique." He looked at me, blowing smoke into my face. I giggled, shoving his shoulder lightly.

"Ain't that sweet." I teased, plucking the cigarette out of his fingers and bringing it up to my lips. I took a drag from it and Dallas watched my lips.

I brought it away from my lips, breathing out the smoke in rings. He smiled a bit at this.

Dal took the cigarette from me, leaning over to put it out on the ashtray that was sitting on the nightstand.

Once he had done that, he turned back towards me. I smiled.

"What?" I asked.

He didn't answer, but simply cupped my face with his hands, connecting his lips to mine.

I closed my eyes, giving into the kiss immediately. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

His hands slid down to my sides, pulling me onto his lap. He parted from me for a second, a small groan of pleasure passing his lips before he kissed me again, tilting his head so he could deepen the kiss.

He continued to just leave long kisses on my lips and eventually flipped us around so I was underneath him, his lips never leaving mine.

It was times like these when I wished I could openly just tell him that I loved him. He was everything I wanted. He'd helped me multiple times, and although we were an unexpected pair, we still worked well.

I wasn't sure if he loved me, but I sure hoped he did.

His lips slowly moved to the corner of my lips and down to my jaw. I tangled my fingers in his hair, letting out a quiet moan. I felt him smirk against my neck, obviously feeling overly confident.

Since he was caught off guard and being so confident, I flipped him over when he least expected it so I was straddling him. I laughed to myself and he smiled at me.

"Didn't expect that." He admitted.  I shrugged, laughing.

I pecked his lips and rolled off of him, smiling to myself.

Minutes later, I felt tired and caught myself dozing off. My eyes slowly closed, but I wasn't fully asleep.

Dallas must've thought I had fully fallen asleep, because I felt him gently playing with my hair. I was turned away from him so I smiled softly, deciding not to interrupt the moment.

He left a small kiss on my shoulder and turned away from me, deciding to go to bed. I felt giddy inside. I still couldn't believe Dallas had a side to him that wasn't rough and cold.

I finally gave into sleep, feeling happy to have Dallas by my side.