chapter 67 - goodnight

I wrote a short, soft chapter because I'm in a soft and sleepy mood so here you go

~your p.o.v~

Dallas took me home, keeping a secure arm around my waist the whole way there to make sure I stayed standing upright.

Once we made it back, the house was empty. Two-bit was out getting drunk and probably wouldn't be back for at least a couple hours, Ms. Matthews was working a night shift at the bar so she'd be gone until early in the morning, and Blondie was spending the night at her friend's house. That left me by myself for the night.

I immediately asked for Dallas to lead me to the bathroom so I could brush my teeth and get the gross taste out of my mouth.

"Well, you can go home if you want. It's just gonna be me here tonight." I said as I wet my toothbrush. Dallas furrowed his eyebrows.

"No one's home to take care of you?" He asked. I shook my head as I brushed my teeth.

"Somebody should be here, you don't look too good." He said and I shook my head again with my eyebrows furrowed.

"It's okay, Dal, really. I can take care of myself." I told him once I finished brushing my teeth. I entered my room and he followed behind me. I lied down on my bed, a sigh passing my lips.

"Can you turn off my light for me? It's too bright in here."

The light turned off and I thanked Dallas. I felt the bed sink and he had lied down next to me.

"How are you feeling? Seems like you took some pretty bad hits." I asked.

"Even when you took the ass beating of a life time you're still concerned about me." He spoke softly and I turned in his direction. I couldn't see him that well since all the lights were off, but I saw his silhouette.

"Of course I am, Dal."

"Well, let me be worried about you for once, alright?" He sat up and so did I.

"Aw, that's real cute." I teased. He got closer to me and I backed up into the wall my bed was against, smiling.

"Real cute?" I could hear the smile in his voice, I didn't have to see him to notice it.

"Real cute." I felt his breath against my lips and my heart was beating quickly.

His lips brushed against mine and I feel his hand rest on my hip, his other hand cupping my cheek.

It felt like a dream, but the feeling of Dallas kissing me and my back pressed against the wall reminded me that this was happening. This was real, right now.

We parted momentarily, our foreheads resting against each other's.

"Dal..." I breathed his name, my hands still softly resting on the sides of his neck.

"God, when you say my name like that it drives me crazy, Baby." His lips connected to mine again and I swear I could've melted.

He pulled me into his lap and I straddled him, my head tilting to the side to deepen the kiss. My fingers tangled in his hair and I lightly tugged on it, a groan erupting from Dallas.

We parted and we were breathing heavily. He kept his arms around my waist and I left my arms hanging around his neck.

"You should go to bed." Dallas breathed out. I was feeling tired due to everything that had happened.

"You should stay." I spoke softly.

"Okay." Dallas collapsed back into the bed and I giggled, now lying on top of him. I tried to roll off of him but he kept a secure grip on me.

"Just stay like this for a second." Dallas mumbled in the crook of my neck. I smiled.

"Since when were you clingy like this? This isn't anything like the tough Dallas Winston I know."

"Shut up, will ya?"

I yawned sleepily, ready to give into how tired I was. Dallas yawned too.

"Goodnight, Dal." I mumbled sleepily.

"Goodnight, Babe." Dallas turned over so I was laying on the bed, but his arms still remained locked around my waist.

"And Y/n?"

"Yeah?" I half opened my eyes.

"I'm gonna take care of you, alright? I'm not gonna ditch you after you got hurt."

"Alright..." I trailed off, giving into sleep.