chapter 17 - sick and tired

~your p.o.v~

I gathered my belongings since the bell had just rang, signaling that it was time for me to go to my next class. I began leaving the classroom and made my way out into the hall, making a stop at my locker to put away some things that I would no longer be needing in my next class which was history. 

As I opened my locker and put some things away, I heard someone call out my name.

"Hey, Y/n!" I turned around to see Cherry. I gave her a smile, shutting my locker and leaning against it.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, seeming a bit nervous.

"Well, I just thought you've been acting different lately and you've been kind of distancing yourself from Marcia and me... And all socs really." Cherry looked at me nervously. I sent her a look of disbelief.

"Were you worried about me?" I asked. She nodded, holding her binder closer to her chest.

"I thought maybe you were mad at us or something..." She trailed off. I could tell she felt embarrassed to ask about it. 

"I'm not mad at the socs, Cherry. Can I be honest with you though?" I made my voice quieter. She nodded, seeming intrigued as to what I had to say.

"I don't feel like I fit in with the socs." I told her. She nodded, not seeming surprised by my words.

"Yeah." She answered simply. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You're not surprised? Not mad?" I was almost taken aback by how calm she was about it.

"No, not at all. I... I kinda feel the same way." She admitted. I smiled at her.

"I'm glad to know I'm not the only one." She nodded, smiling back at me.

"Anyways, I should be heading to my next class. Are you busy Friday night?" I asked. Cherry shook her head no.

"You should call me later, maybe we could set up some plans or something. I know my brother might be around." I winked at her and she blushed and laughed softly in an embarrassed manner.

"Yeah, that'd be nice." 

I gave her a wave and head off to my next class. It wasn't too far away, so I was able to get there and not be late. 

I set my things down at my desk and looked around the room. I spotted Two-bit and I looked to see if he had the poster board with him. I furrowed my eyebrows in a puzzled manner when I didn't see it with him.

I made my way over to his desk and leaned against it, causing him to look up at me. 

"Hey, Y/n!" He greeted me in his normal upbeat voice, a contagious grin on his face. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Hey, Two. Where's the poster board?" I asked. He stayed quiet for a moment.

"Uh..."

"You forgot it at the Curtis brothers' house didn't you?" 

"I might have." He admitted. I chuckled and shook my head. 

"It's fine, I'll just go pick it up after school. Wanna walk with me over there?" I questioned. 

"Yeah, that's where I was gonna be heading after school anyway. You could hang out there with the gang and me for a little bit too, they really seem to like ya." Two-bit suggested. I couldn't help the small smile that came onto my lips when he said that the gang liked me. I'm glad us liking each other was mutual, I really thought the gang was a cool group of people. 

"Y/n Sheldon, please stop flirting and go back to your own desk." The teacher snapped. The whole class looked over at me and began laughing and I let out a sigh and made my way over to my desk. I could tell this class was going to be a long one.