Not An Ordinary Day

Chapter 10: Not An Ordinary Day

*Emma's POV*

"I think it was about time that we had a little break from the whole Vampire world." Anabel and Eli both smile and nod, agreeing with me. The three of us decided to ditch the palace and maybe find a nice café. Its been a few weeks since we stepped out of the palace grounds. It felt kind of claustrophobic in there.

"I'm so glad you convinced the guards to let us pass.. I'm getting quite soar from all the intense training they've been teaching Luke and I.. It's insane!" Eli explains, while we walk up to the nearest Café.

"Yeah same here! I'm so exhausted. You know I haven't slept for three days now? I only had a three hour break." Anabel says as she opens the door to the coffee shop.

"Seriously? What have they been teaching you?" I ask walking in, and noticing that the place is empty. Of course it is..

"Um.. How are we going to order our drinks if there's no one here?" Eli asks, ignoring my question as we look around. He starts to walk further inside but I stop him.

"Hey you, stay close." I pull his arm closer to me, so he can stand beside me.

"Mrs. Emma!" A sudden voice yells my name. It sounds like it's coming from behind us. I turn around to see four people walking towards us. Two of them look familiar, but the other two don't.

"Kaisen? Camila? What are you doing here?" Eli asks.

"We're here to protect you if anything goes wrong." One of the two girls I don't know explains.

"Mrs. Gabrielle's orders." Kayleigh shrugs.

"I know how to work the machines, if you want me to make you guys something." The other girl I don't know offers.

"Oh that would be great, thanks Kaisen." Anabel smiles and she smiles back, walking inside. She jumps over the counter. "What do you guys want?"

"Oh, we were planning on getting the drink of the day.. But we don't really know what that is.." Anabel walks over to the counter, followed by Camila and Eli. I turn back to look at Kayleigh and Silvina.

"How long has it been deserted?" I ask them as they direct me to a table, and we take a seat.

"Well.. It's been a few weeks now.." Kayleigh explains, looking around the place.

"It started with the businesses. Then it was the streets. After that, it was just plain quiet." Silvina stays still, keeping an eye out.

"So.. Just like that, it became quiet? How did Gabrielle figure out it was the Demons in the first place?" I ask, since no one had really explained the whole story yet.

"Um.. Destiny was the one to figure it out. She went with a few other vampires, to check out the residences and that's when she figured it out. All the power was out, and the humans were just sitting there, not moving.. Staring into space." Kayleigh looks at me with a serious face.

"They're all possessed?"

"Seems like it.." I look down at my hands, and back up at my kids. They're smiling and talking with the two other vampires, like if it's just another ordinary day. The sad thing about it is that it's not just an ordinary day... We can be in danger at any time. No one knows when something bad will happen.

'Emma... Where are you!?' I suddenly hear a panicked voice in my head.

'I'm at a café with the kids, sorry I didn't tell you sooner! We'll be back soon-" I don't have time to finish my thought, when he interrupts me.