Only Demons Can Kill Other Demons

Chapter 13: Only Demons Can Kill Other Demons

*Emma's POV*

A few hours ago, we found our way to the second safe house. Everyone was trying to comfort me, but it wasn't helping. I told everyone that I wanted to be alone, so I walked into the living room.

I sit on the couch, not moving a muscle and think of ways to find my kids. This is all my fault. If we just would've stayed inside the palace grounds, they would be fine right now. Are they safe? Are they with those two other Vampires?

'I don't know Emma.. Gabrielle sent some Vampires to go find them.' I look to my left and see Niall sitting next to me. I thought I had told everyone to leave me alone, but I guess Niall couldn't help checking on me.

'I don't get it Niall... Why did the Demons show up?' I stare at Niall who bites his lip and thinks about it.

'I really don't know.. I find it quite odd that they just came out of nowhere and decided to attack you at that moment... How did they know you would be there?' I shrug and look down at my feet.

'I just.. I feel like I'm responsible. If I would've just... Stayed in the palace grounds with them... They would be here right now. I don't even know if they're in trouble or if they're safe.. I just don't know.' I clench my hands into fists and start feeling that angry feeling coarse through my veins. Just like before, Niall put a hand on my shoulder. I take a look at him. He seems really concerned. Well I can't blame him, I've been getting really upset lately. It's like I can't control my anger. Gabrielle had warned me about this. If I wasn't careful, anger would take over my mind.

"Emma.." Niall says out loud, which snaps me out of my dangerous thoughts.

"I'm sorry Niall.. I'm probably worrying you. I don't mean to. I'm just.. Scared for them." I answer him.

He starts rubbing small circles on my back and I lean into him, getting closer to his warm body. I wrap my arms around his waist and slump on his chest, letting out a sigh. He wraps his arms around me, making me feel safe. I'll never get tired of his hugs.

"I understand.. But we'll find them. I promise." He says faithfully. It's like he knows for a fact that they'll be alright. That they'll come back to us safely. I smile at that. He always knows what to say. I wonder how Liam and Louis are doing.. They must be going through hell, just like I am. I should be with them right now...

Squeak.

Niall and I suddenly hear slow footsteps walking towards the room we're in. I straighten up and stare at the hallway. No one is there. It's suddenly silent again. I hear a whoosh sound, which makes my head turn to the side. Nothing. Someone is here.

"EMMA! NIALL!" I hear Jade screaming our names from a different room. I stand up quickly with Niall, but get pushed down back on the couch. We look at each other and see nothing. There's nothing there!

'Um... Try going invisible!' Niall suggests. I quickly nod and let the energy flow through my body. I open my eyes and I'm suddenly invisible. I transfer some of the power to Niall, who also turns invisible. 'Remember what Kayleigh said.. When you're invisible, you can see other people who are invisible.'

"EMMA!? NIALL!?" I hear Jade yell again. Where is she?

I look around the room, and see what we couldn't see before. A Demon.. Or is it a half Demon?.. It doesn't matter, we can't kill it anyway since Will put that spell on all of them.

It's walking away slowly, down the hallway. Niall and I quickly stand up and follow It. She has long dark brown hair and is wearing all black. She turns to the right, which is the kitchen. There standing is my husband Louis, with Harry and Sabrina. They're not moving, just looking around.