Two More Team Mates

We step up onto some little platforms, and it's only then I spot the labyrinth below us. It's a maze of trees and bushes and rocks, many shades of green and yellows and browns.

"So James, you're going for flag number one. You can both start on the clackson."

*****

Emma P.O.V

After a few seconds, the clackson bellows, and James jumps forward onto the frame. He scales it, like a chimp, up to the first yellow flag, making the task look incredibly simple.

"Ok Emma, go for flag number two."

I place my hands on the icy-cold metal and my foot on a crossbar. I then hoist myself up, channelling my inner Lara Croft, begging myself not to look down. "You're so close Emma!" James cheers, taking one hand off his frame to give me a thumbs up.

I reach out over to the flag and retrieve it.

James scales the beam to grab the third and fifth flag, and I retrieve the fourth and sixth flag respectively.

The penultimate flag is a challenge. I study James' body as he methodically extends his arms and fondles with the hook on the seventh flag. Once he's retrieved it, I jump up to the next rung and reach out to go to unhook the eighth flag.

"Hook your other leg around the beam, and reach out." James talks me through it. "You can do this. I know you can."

Whilst adjusting my footing, I spot how far up James and I actually are. One misstep or one slip would send you plummeting to your death without a harness.

Instantaneously, the wind blows the flag closer to me, and I yank it off of the rope with all my force.

James proceeds to the ninth flag. He clambers up the beam, like a young and handsome Tarzan.

"Emma, you're onto the last star now."

James P.O.V

I hold onto the beam for dear life, hugging myself around it and gripping like my life depends on it.

Emma clambers up the beam, with it swaying side to side due to almighty gusts of wind.

She looks incredibly calm, controlled, and very attractive. Her legs propel her body up to the top of the beam, where every gust almost throws her off.

Her left leg hooks around the bar, and she reaches out to grab the final flag, when the wind kicks up and blows it the other way.

"Come on you little tyke!" She comedically complains, stretching like a slinky. "Please don't do this!"

Instantaneously, Emma's foot slips, and her legs fall through the beam. "Emma!" I cry, but she hooks an arm around the beam above, and saves herself.

"Are you ok?" Dec asks desperately.

"I'm fine!" Emma hurls herself back up onto the beam, "I just hit my shin really hard". She gets back in position and reaches out for it again.

Emma grabs the tail of the flag and pulls it towards her. She unhooks it, and tags it to her belt.

"Well done guys! Let's get you down."

I climb down the beam, reaching the heavenly floor. Once we're unhooked from the safety wires, I skip over to Emma and throw my arms around her.

"Congratulations! You did amazing!" She smiles, hugging me tightly.

"I panicked so much watching you almost fall off of that beam." I catch my breath. "But oh my gosh, well done!"