Gladiators

Malique and Harry erupt into hysterical laughter, whilst James jumps out of his hammock - which is up beside the phone box - and helps me up from the floor. "Are you ok?" He dusts the dirt off my arm.

When I assure him I'm ok, he helps me back into the hammock and helps me get comfy. "Trust me," Malique adds, "the hammocks take a bit of getting used to."

Once everyone has retired to bed and exchanged their goodnight's, I shut my eyes and fall asleep in seconds.

*****

Emma P.O.V

Rice and beans don't taste too bad when you're eating it in Crock Creek, surrounded by your lovely campmates. I finish my breakfast slowly, savouring every bite as rice and beans seem to have become a delicacy.

"Oh shit!" James gasps from beside me. He jumps up from the log and darts halfway across the camp, keeping his eyes fixed on a bush. "Is that a snake?"

I look towards the bush behind where James was sat. Surely enough, curled up in the corner, is a massive python, digesting a sewer rat. "Awh, poor rat." I clench my teeth, standing up and moving a few steps away.

A ranger comes into camp and picks up the snake with one of those claw toys you'd win at a festival. He places it into a large bag and takes it far away from camp.

Thank god we don't have to sleep on the floor in Crock Creek.

Malique and I do the morning washing up duties and help to clean the dunny. Once it's all sorted, we treck back into camp to see Harry and Fleur having some sort of exercise session.

"Work it, honey!" I mock him sassily. "Move those hips!"

He puts his hands on his hips and moves them in a circle, pulling his Beyonce face. "I've been trying to teach him how to floss," Fleur tells me.

"Will you floss for me, Harry?" I ask him, wondering over to them. Out of my peripheral vision, I spot James led in his hammock, staring down at us with an amusing smile, obviously enjoying our little fun and games. "For a 72-year-old you have serious rhythm Mr.Redknapp!"

Harry begins to try and floss but ends up doing the funniest and most random hip roll I've ever seen. Malique, Fleur and I join in, all racing each other to see how fast we can floss.

"You've got some moves, Emma!" Sair compliments. "God, I wish I could dance like you."

I spend maybe 10 minutes helping Sair master the art of the floss, and by the time we're finished, it's time to gather around the fire to see who is facing the next Bushtucker Trial.

I take a seat between Anne and James, holding onto both of their hands. Once Holly and Dec arrive, my heart rate starts to kick up.

"Hello everyone!" Holly beams. "Welcome Fleur, Emma, Anne and James, to Crock Creek. How are you settling in?"

"Amazing!" I smile. "Freaking amazingly!"

"Well, we have some news!" Dec riles up. "The public has not been voting because all of you will face today's Bushtucker Trial. Please all get ready to leave camp immediately."

They trot off into the distance, back up to the I'm a Celebrity studio.

"This is awesome!" Fleur lights up.

The pressure is off massively now, as whatever we'll be facing, we'll be doing it as a team and with each other support.

I run up to where John is grabbing a few of his belongings. "What are you taking with you to the trial?" I ask him, as he's done a proper trial before which makes him the most likely to be an expert.