'You Lied To Me'

"I love you."

"I love you too." The blonde singer smiles, moving his microphone so he can kiss my lips deeply.

"Passengers!" The Australian captain announces. "I'd rather you not get it on in the back of my chopper, because we're about to land!"

Emma P.O.V

James and I are assisted out of the chopper. This island is like another universe: it's warmer out, way more secluded, and the entirety of the mansion is just for us two.

"Thank you for this, baby." I peck his cheek.

As the day passes, James and I settle into the breath-taking abode. James managed to get a suitcase full of mine and his clothes to the island when he booked it so I don't have to wear these heels all day, thank gosh.

"Um, James." I walk into the lounge. I'm dressed in my white thin bikini with some silver lacing engraved down its sides. "Can I talk to you?"

James and I are planning to go and swim in the sea this evening, however, I need to clear something from my head before we do so.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you about something?"

He frowns. "Of course."

I feel the oxygen rubbing against the sides of my lungs. "Why..."

"What's up?" James stands up, walks over to me, and moves a fly-away baby hair from my face. "What's wrong, Emma?"

"Why did you lie to me about Kirstie? I know she kissed you."

His hand drops from my forehead. "...Oh."

"I'm not mad that it happened," I reassure him. "I saw you push her away. But still ... you told me you didn't kiss."

"I know." His face crumples up. When he opens his eyes, the silver specs have vanished - he's frustrated. "I meant to tell you. I really did."

"Then why didn't you?"

"Because ... to protect you."

I sigh. "What?"

"When we were in there, I didn't want to lose you to her. I knew she'd already upset you, and if I told you she kissed me, I feel like I would have lost you for good."

"But it hurts me more that you lied to me."

Later on ...

I've laid outside on a towel all evening. I haven't eaten, slept, washed, sunbathed or swam. This is supposed to be a magical night on a luxury island and I'm spending it staring into nowhere.

"Can I join you?"

Without me even agreeing, James throws out a yellow neon towel beside me.

"I'm sorry." He huffs - he has a strain on his voice. "I really am."

"I know you are."

Maybe what he did wasn't so bad, as it was in my best interest. "But you have to promise me that from now on, we don't lie to each other.

He nods his adorable head.

"Deal?"

"Deal." He slips his fingers through my own, squeezing my palm. "Now, this is a night-in-a-lifetime. It's supposed to be romantic, right?" His fingers softly massage my arm.

Well... if he wants romance?

I roll over onto James' towel and begin to kiss his lips under the stars. His warm plans caress the skin on my waist across, and he pulls my chest into his. It's sweet, soft and subtle, but every movement of his fingers gets more daring.