The Final Challenge & Snake Rock

"Yellow team," Fleur recites. "You lost. Losers can't be choosers. The final member of your team: Emily Attack."

The ticket barrier lifts up, and Fleur drives the car forward. "Come on peeps," I cheer. "Let's go get the final member of our team!"

*****

Emma P.O.V

"So ... where is she?" Fleur asks, staring up at the sky.

Both the red and the yellow team have been guided to a small field, where apparently we have to wait for Emily and Malique to turn up. Only then will the final challenge be revealed.

"Wait, I think I see them!" Anne points up at a minuscule dot in the sky. A few seconds later, something appears to fall out.

"They're skydiving!" Harry hackles. "Screw that for a game of soldiers!"

I did a skydive with my dad for my 16th birthday, and unlike Harry, I couldn't be more jealous of Emily.

A bright yellow parachute sprouts out of nowhere and the figure descends a relaxing pace. "Fancy that?" I look around to see James, who is staring up at the sky, and then back at me. "You seem to be pretty focused on it."

"I did a skydive when I was 16," I smile at the memory. "It's one of the most incredible feelings."

The right side of his smile lifts ever so slightly, forming a cheeky smirk. I go to ask 'what?', but I know he won't say anything.

"Emily!" Fleur shouts, sprinting up to where Emily has landed.

Emily is gorgeous. Even though her hair is all tangled from the jump (and she looks especially pale) she is still like a runway model.

"Hi, I'm Emily!" She comes and embraces me in a hug. She's freezing cold, shaking and exasperated.

After welcoming her to team yellow, Malique - the final member of the red team - comes and says his hello's.

"Lovely to meet you, Emma." He hugs me. Malique - he's a good looking lad with olive toned skin and sculpted facial features.

I grab Fleur and James, and we stroll through a small forest area. The Australian Jungle is incredible, as it seems to merge from one biome to the next.

As we emerge through the trees, we step out to a lake. The water is a murky tone of maroon - thick and slushy. Around the perimeter are lines of dense green bushes, home to many water snakes that slither around its edges.

Stood over by a large oak tree are Holly and Dec, beaming at us all. "Welcome to the final challenge!" Dec beams. "Let's explain what you have to do."

Holly and Dec go on to explain that: we have to climb into a canoe, paddle out to a wooden pontoon, grab our team flag and all of our kit, place it in our boat, sail to the other side, offload of the boat and finally place our team flag into its stand.

"Now this is an important challenge," Holly informs us. "Not only will the winners stay at Crock Creek, but everyone in the winning camp is immune to the first two Bush-tucker Trials."

"Because losers can't be choosers!" Dec sings. "Teams, get in position!"

The sound of a clackson floods the air. We gesture Anne into the boat first, closely followed by Fleur, and then Emily.

"Ladies first," James offers. I place my bum on one of the thwarts, and James pushes us forward a little to get the boat fully buoyant.

Fleur screeches, "James, jump in quick!"

James swings his legs into the boat. His weight, even though only small, tips the boat onto its side. Water starts to rush in, and in a matter of milliseconds, we're all soaking wet.