Choc-Ices & 4th Place

"Three!" Fleur laughs, grabbing our hands and running forward. Sliding along on our stomachs, flailing across and finally being submerged into the water, I emerge on the surface, being pulled into a group hug by the people I've come to adore.

The boy and the girl that I love absolutely endlessly.

*****

Emma P.O.V

"That was amazing!" I squall, running up to John and engulfing his body in my arms. "Wasn't that fun!"

"Eww, I'm soaking." He cackles.

We all make our way back to Holly and Dec. My hair feels heavy on my head, weighing down my shoulders. My clothes stick to my skin as nail glue does, and my shoes are soggy and squelchy.

"Well done!" Holly smiles. "You got all three stars on the markers, meaning that you have all four meals for camp tonight."

That was one of the most exhilarating experiences. "Fancy a hug," I laugh, nudging towards Dec.

"No thank you." He cackles. "You guys get back to camp and enjoy the time you have left."

Back at camp...

"Ohhh," John drags out in pantomime form as we all walk back into camp, a little drier now. I hold James' hand and follow Fleur into our second home. "There's a laminate on the throne!"

"I've got it," Fleur grabs it. "Celebrities. There are four choc-ices hidden around camp. You must find them before they melt."

"Shut up!" James' jaw drops. I can feel the excitement building in the air, ready to burst out like a cork from a bottle of champagne. "I'll check the treehouse."

I yell, "I'll check the shower!"

I belt it up the ever so familiar pathway, past the creek to the dunny/shower area. Searching through overturned leaves, bramble bushes and in the dunny (which is gross), I scout over the slates behind the shower. Rested on one of the slates in a plastic colourless bag is a choc-ice, sweet ice cream covered in slightly melted chocolate.

"Got one!" I scream, ripping the ziplock open. I grab the wooden handle and put the ice-cream in my mouth. "Oh my gosh." I moan to myself.

James runs up to me. "I found one in the treehouse," he stares at my hand and at the ice-cream around my mouth. "You're eating yours now?"

"Yeah," I giggle. "Aren't you?"

"No. I just thought we had to wait."

"Why?"

"So everyone can find there's so we can eat together?"

"But won't it melt?"

"... Ok, I'm eating it now."

With two more to find and two mouth-watering choc-ices consumed, Fleur manages to find one in the telephone box, leaving a final choc-ice. "I can't find one!" John wails, throwing the camp about. "I can't find it."

"We will, John." James comforts him. "Just take a second to sit down."

"Ugh, fine." John tosses himself into his hammock but quickly shoots back up to his feet again. "Crap!"

I frown. "What is it, John?"

John throws his sleeping bag onto the camp floor, inverts and shakes it. Out falls a polythene bag, ziplocked up with the final choc-ice. "It hasn't melted!"

It's a bit squashed now.

He forces the bag open, yanks the lolly out of the bag and shoves it in his gob. "Oh my god ... I would have sex with this if I could!"