James' Final Interview

"So Emma, John, Fleur and James. The public has been voting, and decided that the next person to leave I'm A Celebrity is..."

It's like the whole world moves in slow motion. As Holly reveals the name, a sharp pain rings through my stomach and up to my head. I feel physically sick.

"It's James."

*****

James P.O.V

"James. We'll let you say your goodbyes and we'll see you in the studio in a few minutes." Dec waves goodbye, trotting out of camp with Holly following behind.

I stand up, and John is the first campmate to hug me. "It's going to be a weird final day without you." He pats my back. "But I'll see you tomorrow?"

"I'll be waiting at the hotel. Look after my girl for me, will you?" I giggle.

Fleur comes to hug me next, and as she does, I spot her wipe a small tear from her cheek. "Congrats, Fleur."

"Thanks, James." She chuckles. Her hand lands on my arm and pats it a few times. "You smashed it."

The final campmate to say farewell to is going to be the hardest. "Emma," I pull her perfect body into my chest, listening intently to her sob as her tears hit the muddy floor.

"Congratulations, baby girl. You're in the final three."

She wipes a tear away. "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"I'll be waiting," I whisper into the top of her head.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

The girls help me grab my things, and we head down the pathway. As we hit the fork in the road, John and Fleur give me a final hug goodbye.

"Go smash it, my jungle Queen." I slide my jungle hat off of my head and gently place it on top of her Deutsch-braided hair. "I'll see you soon."

I give Emma a final kiss goodbye and begin up the unfamiliar pathway back into the good old world. Step by step, I'm above the jungle canopy in seconds. The ITV wooden hut/studio is stone-throwing distance - there are people rushing around with cameras and microphones and it looks like chaos.

"Bye!" The final three bellow from the usual spot beside the shower. It's so unconventional to see the jungle from where the crow flies, instead of watching campmates walk over this bridge out to freedom.

"He managed to survive 22 days in the jungle. During his time, he sang and danced, asked a professional dancer to be his girlfriend, dressed as a reindeer and climbed scarily high structures, but he's finally out. It's James McVey!"

The applause as I enter the studio is humungous. "Hello!" Dec cheers, hugging me as I step foot inside. "Come and sit down! We have some champagne for you."

Holly pulls out a chair for me at a wooden table. I take a pew, pick up the glass of champagne, and down the entire glass. "Wow," Holly chuckles.

The studio is so Tumblr. From pine furniture, wooden hand-crafted tables and chairs and tv screens, the place is like a luxury tree-house in the New Forest.

"How does it feel to be out?"

"Weird. Like, I haven't seen anyone but the same ten people in ages! And cameras and mics and everything!"

"Well before we have a chat, let's have a look at your jungle highlights."

I place down my glass and set my eyes on a large plasma screen, watching the video roll. Even spotting myself in the video, seeing what I look like and how much weight I've lost, it's strangely refreshing and scary.