Imprisoned

I huffed with annoyance once again at Sarah "I don't want to go" I said as she applied a little highlight on my face.

"Rhysand is in Canada. Since last week and you didn't even use the opportunity to do what ever you want?" Sarah pulled my hair a little to show her annoyance.

I hissed and turned to her. My hand slapped her arm and she simply laughed.

A small smile was making its way on my face too.

"Even if he was here. He won't be able to stop me from going wherever I want" I touched the area under my lips to check if it was alright.

"Ahan. That's true" she said as she started to style my hair.

My wandered to another place as I remembered him. The memory was from last week when I found him sitting next to my bedroom door. With his head in his hands as he sweat crazily.

That night all the emotions that were being riled up inside of me burst when I saw Ridge's name flash on the phone. We had talked about lots of things and in the end he asked me if I was okay. Then I couldn't stop myself from telling him how I felt about Rhys.

And later my mind of confused when I saw Rhys sitting there.

I still remember the electric spark when he touched my hand and gave it a little squeeze - as if - it was helping him.

He told me that he had exercised without taking a break and the sudden change in whether made his head a bit dizzy.

I asked if he need anything and he just seemed so discombabulated that he just dismissed me and told me he was fine.

The next morning I found him in the living room with his suitcase. It was a surprise to be honest. Apparently, he had a business deal in Canada and his people needed him. He didn't know for how long he will stay there but he knows it won't be long. It was hard for me not to care a little for him. Just that night I had promised to myself that I would become indifferent towards him. So I just wore a placid facade and simply nodded.

It looked like he was a bit disappointed of the fact that I didn't even reply to him - verbally.

"The Uber is here" Sarah said from behind and I got up to grab my cane. I went still when a thought crossed my mind.

"Are you sure about this? How are just the two of us going to have fun?" Sarah grabbed my arm and started to drag me out of the house.

"Alcohol will make everything fun. Besides, it's my treat to you for my engagement" and I ripped my arms from her hold.

"You can't handle alcohol, Sarah. I can but I won't be drinking tonight. I can't handle the hangover the next morning" I said as I got in the back seat of the car with Sarah.

The car started to move and I checked my phone to see if there were any calls for me.

Should I tell him that I'm going out?

Two hours later

The air was becoming thick when everybody was dancing on the floor and I stayed there by the bar just sipping my second Old Fashioned.

Sarah was just laughing and dancing with random people on the floor. I was keeping an eye out incase if trouble finds its way to us.

After a minute Sarah walked towards me and slurred a little which showed me that she was just a little drunk. The sober Sarah was still there.

"This is fun! Remember the time in Malaysia two years ago when we went to a local club and got into a fight. We almost got arrested that night! Ryan was sooooo traumatised by it! He hates that topic so much that if I bring it up in our conversations. Says "it may be one of the best nights of our lives but it was really soul shaking too" whatever the heck that means" she giggled a little and I couldn't help but laugh too.