Fireheart

I can't believe I only have couple hours left to prepare for my final. I came back as fast as I could from the university to prepare but when I finally landed my foot in this house. I found Cassian sick, due to the sudden change in whether. Everything is just...wet, cold, gross.

So I took him to the vet and right now both of us are sitting on the couch as a heater is next to us to warm us.

I grabbed my notes and went through them over and over again, I wrote all the important things down and set it aside.

This month has been tough for me, but I kept myself way to busy to let my thoughts wander to the places that make me feel gloomy.

Ridge called me yesterday when mom told him that I got a puppy. He was very happy about it but there was something off in his voice.

When I asked him if everything was alright, he told me he was just tired.

And as for Rhys...

I didn't like thinking about him even though my mind still somehow gets invaded by him every minute he's around. The pact we made the night was still going just the way I wanted it to be.

We rarely talked, Rhys made sure that he would come back late so that he won't face me and I just locked myself in my room to avoid him.

The last time we actually talked was when I had to explain him why I adopted Cassian. And after that we were back on the same routine. Ever since I got a puppy, Rhys didn't even look at that poor thing. There would be times during breakfast that when Cassian would come to Rhys and start nibbling on his pants he would look at him with resentment. And then back at me clearly asking me to take him away.

I would reply "He's still training" and go back to doing my work. But last night...

Just yesterday when I went to sleep, Cas wanted to get out of my room and I let him. Just when I was about to drift off the sleep, I heard someone letting out a startled yell which was followed by a sound of the person falling into a water creating a splashing sound. When Cassian started to bark, I got out of bed to check what the hell was happening.

I walked to the backyard thinking whatever that was happening was by the pool.

The sight that disclosed in front of me was shocking.

Rhys was lying on the ground, his entire suit was dripping wet. He had his eyes closed as his chest rose and fell as he took deep breaths.

That expensive suit!

He was holding something in his hands close to his chest, like if he had just saved it.

Cassian was wagging his tail and braked in his small voice happily as he stood on Rhys's chest. I felt laughter bubble up in my chest. I covered my hand to stop myself from laughing.

"Are you out of your mind?" Rhys said, completely unaware of my presence. He was talking to Cassian.

"Do you have a death wish?" He whisper yelled at him "If you drowned tonight, my mom would have killed me with her bare hands" he sat up in a sitting position making Cassian sit in his lap.

I stayed back in the shadows and watched them with awe. Rhys looked at the puppy with a smile on his face that reached his eyes. That smile clearly made mine to drop. When I realised that I was doing....what I was feeling.