Calm Before The Storm

Time passes, the pain of someone you lost slowly fades into nothing. But their memories are like tattoos on your heart that keep telling you about the person you used to be with that specific person.

It is all happy and painful. But there's some peace in that little chaos of memories.

Sleeping in the night, dreaming about the peace that will come to me. The horror of that was disclosed to me. The uneasiness of what might be written in the fourth letter.

Even after a month passed. I stil didn't have the guts to open it. Rhys asked me about it a couple times, but these days the pressure of work is so much on his shoulders that he forgot.

Or atleast I hope that he forgot about it.

There were times where I felt like I had no one. There was some feeling in my room where I felt like there will be no one who could hurt me here. I roamed the rest of the house, when I wanted to escape that sweet death trap.

Ridge was right, it was hard to look at my father in the eyes knowing the poison that swirls under his skin.

Why would my mom fall for a man like him? Does love make you that blind? Where all of your senses are just shut down and you can't differ between right and wrong.

I came out of my room, only to the sound of the sweetest music playing in the living room. It was like, the music begins with a steady melody, it builds up and only to be ended with faint melody. There it was again, the slow song. That turned somehow had pain filled in it.

Walking down the ramp, peaking to see where was the source coming from. My heart skipped a beat for the first time in forever when I saw what was happening.

Rhys stood in the middle of the room, with a violin in his hands. He had his eyes closed as he played, as if he was fading himself in the melody he had created. My heart melted even more when I saw Cassian sleeping peacefully in front of him.

My heart filled with such.....happiness.

The song began to come to an end. I was in such a trance that I didn't even notice Rhys who was looking at me with a faint smile.

"Maybe I should play often to get you out of there" despite of him revealing his feelings to me, and me reading the letters. He kept his distance  there were days where I would find him looking at me when I would be reading, cooking, or just simply working. When he wasn't in a hurry in the morning to leave for work, he would kiss my forehead unintentionally.

Upon realising that we had been staring at each other for a long time, I cleared my throat and came to sit in front of him, next to my dog.

"That was beautiful" I said in a heavy voice.

Rhysand's smile grew even more on hearing the compliment, he came close and knelt in front of me. I couldn't regect his affection, it would break him. Cupping my face as his eyes shone, he leaned in and kissed my forehead just like all those times.

A small smile married my lips. I couldn't help but imagine a world where we would have met in some other time, rise in love some old fashioned way. A world that promised no heartbreak.

But then again just in this moment he said "I love you" I closed my eyes and I waited for the sudden pain to go away.

I reached up and kissed his cheek, I pulled away to look at him. Hoping that he would understand that I can't say it right now though I love him.

He nodded his as he said "I understand. I'll wait" he said with such hope. On the other hand, I was the one who hoped that I didn't hurt him.

"I'm sorry" I said when he couldn't hide the pain away even though he smiled. This time, I was the one who cupped his face and kissed him on the lips.