We Fall Apart As It Gets Dark

Two months later

Every since that night, our relationship became pure. Though from time to time, the thought of all the secrets I am keeping from him haunt me.

Right now, I was in Rhysand's room. The two of us were silently laying next to each other, novels in our hands as we read them. When Rhys told me that he had never read love stories, I was left in shock. I made it my goal that I will make him read all of my favourite books. On weekends we would go to bookstores or libraries and stay there for hours reading or searching for books to devour.

His arm was around me while my head was resting on his chest. It was a Saturday currently four in the morning and we were still up. I felt his take a sigh and put his book down and he said "Is it weird that I feel emotions of the characters with just simple words?"

I looked up from where I was reading, he was looking at me as he lazily stroked my hair "That's the beauty of books Rhys. The author makes you feel what the character is going through. Although, I think that you are gifted with another special power of feeling" I moved from his hold and sat up.

His eyes narrowed with confused amusement, later he smiled as my words sank in "Which is?" He said as he got up just to rest his head on my shoulder.

I chuckled on his little action but I still said "You have the power of knowing the feelings the other doesn't want known" he lifted his head to look at me.

"Maybe I'm wrong or maybe you are just like that with me. I mean, there have been these emotions that I, myself didn't want anyone known but to you I'm transparent" his head dipped as he tired to hide his smile.

"And you make me feel like I'm in high school again. And as a man it's not a good feeling at all. I feel strong, but then I feel very very weak too" I nodded in agreement.

"That's what love does to us, Rhys. It makes you strong but weak when it comes to the person you are in love with" he raised a hand and tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear.

"When did you know you were in love with me?" He asked making my heart take a leap, on the other hand my mind took me back to the feeling where I was falling in love with him.

I took a deep breath and said "The time when there was a break in, you kept me safe. I woke up and we talked, for the first time we were...." I trailed of thinking what word to use.

"Connecting?" He suggested and I nodded.

"I pushed you away" I remembered how cruel I was to do that, hurt flashed in his eyes as he remembered "In that moment I knew that I had started to fall for you. I knew I was going to fall hard. Being the coward I am, instead of facing this fall. I stepped away from the ledge and ran away" I fiddled with the hem of my t-shirt that I took from Rhys.

"When I knew that I was in love with you. Like, I was certain that this is it. That's love that I feel. It was the time when we played that game after I found out that I wasn't healing" the moment I said it, my mind mocked me for how the reality of it had changed. And I wasn't telling him about it.

He didn't say anything, he just gazed at me with amusement, wonder, love in his ocean eyes.

I frowned as I joked "Oh wow. I tell about such a close thing of my heart and you say nothing" I put a hand on my chest where my heart beated and pretended as if I was hurt.

"You're the worst actress I've ever seen" he said making me laugh "If my talent was acting then I wouldn't be an engineer. Instead, I would be one of the stars on the famous Hollywood Walk of fame"

After a few moments, Rhys started to say with such raw emotion "I knew you were trouble when you squished that peanut butter and jelly sandwich in my face" he smiled at the memory.