Akala Grand Trial

Hau and I took a good battle stance, Olivia and her Captains doing the same. As soon as they drew their Pokeballs, Hau and I made a mad dash around them and straight into Konikoni.

"What?!" Olivia shouted from the distance. Hau and I both knew the order we went on the journey. Visiting the city was first, then checking out the ruins, then the Grand Trial. Our first stop, like always, was the Pokemon Center. We both grabbed Pokemon from the PC as well as some snacks at the cafe. Upon leaving, we stalled sometime at the stores. When we left the city, Olivia, Lana, and Mallow were gone. Hau and I just shrugged and carried on to the ruins.

"You think Tapu Lele will be in there, Mono?" Hau asked.

"I don't know. But I do know you better not ask me to do something naughty in there. I will not disrespect the Island Guardian like that," I replied.

The inside of the ruins was just as creepy as it always was. We walked all the way back to the altar and inside was Olivia, Lana, and Mallow.

"No running away this time," Olivia started. "Running from this battle would be a disgrace to Tapu Lele, and I'm certain that a Champion and a Kahuna would not want to disgrace the Tapu."

"We just had some errands to run, but we're ready now," I replied.

Standing on what looked like a battlefield, we summoned our Pokemon: Lana had Araquanid, Mallow had Tsareena, Olivia had a Midnight Form Lycanroc, Hau had Noivern, who was surprisingly still alive, and I had my Blaziken.

"Before we dive into our battle, there is something I need to do," I said.

"Oh? And what's that?" Olivia inquired.

I pushed my hair away from my ear and pressed the Mega Keystone.

"Mega Keystone, respond to the strong bond of Hau and me! Take him beyond evolution. Mega evolve!" I shouted.

Hau looked at me strangely then saw the response from my Blaziken's Blazikenite hair clips. After being swallowed by the light, Blaziken mega evolved. Everyone was amazed by Mega Blaziken, and that was the perfect time to strike.

"Mega Blaziken, give Araquanid a taste of those hands!"

Mega Blaziken dashed to Araquanid and crammed a Thunder Punch right into its bubble. During the shock, Hau sent his Noivern after Tsareena. Lycanroc came to Araquanid's aid but was too slow to catch Blaziken, who, on my command, shot a nice Flamethrower at Tsareena. Noivern could barely get in on the action.

"Wow, Mono. Your Blaziken is insanely fast!" Hau exclaimed.

"That's because of the Speed Boost ability it gains through mega evolution. Now move Noivern out the way, I got this," I stated.

"But Mono..."

I ignored Hau and watched the battle. Noivern was a good distractor for Lycanroc and Araquanid, leaving Tsareena as the perfect target. Mallow ordered it Stomp on Blaziken, but Blaziken caught its leg.

"Roast that oversize plant, Hau!" I commanded.

With Tsareena trapped in a close range, Blaziken gladly roasted it with Flamethrower, then tossed it to the back of the altar. Mallow was distraught, but it was short lived after Blaziken dropped it's heel into the top of her head, knocking her out.

"Mallow!" Both Lana and Olivia shouted. I couldn't help but laugh and cheer, then Blaziken went after Araquanid.

"Mono! Why did it do that?!" Hau asked, but I pushed his question aside.

"Aerial Ace!" I shouted.

Blaziken moved at blinding speed and caught Araquanid off guard. After Aerial Ace landed, Blaziken went in automatically for a Thunder Punch. The punch was so powerful and so full of electricity that it popped Araquanid's bubble, then sent it flying to the back of the altar. Blaziken glared at Lana, but then came back and stood in front of me.