Resentment

It had now been 6 years. I was 13 years old, and at the end of being a colt, ready to become a stallion. Although music had been my refuge, this prison forced me to grow up too fast. During this age, I began to realize things about my parents. It embittered me, and I began to grow feelings of resentment towards them for being so cowardly. 

One day, I was with Capper. He saw I was in a foul mood. "You okay Garrett?" he asked, looking at me with concern. "I hate my parents..." I said in a tone like Tempest's. "How come?" asked Capper. "I just realized that they abandoned me," I said with anger, "they left me to rot here to save their sorry butts! They ran away like cowards, and I hate them for that!" I breathed in intense anger. 

 "Garrett, you can't hate them forever," said Capper. "Yes I can!" I shouted in anger, "They were never there for me during those nights I cried myself to sleep! Celebrating Hearth's Warming with family?!?!?! That's a joke in itself! And not a funny one! I'm never getting out of here! It's gonna be the same thing over and over again! Someone picks a fight with me, I defend myself, then I get put in solitary! It'll go on and on until I die!" I was broken on the inside.

"Never seen you this broken before," said Capper, "last I recall, you said you didn't want to survive this prison, that you wanted to live." I looked down and said, "Yeah, I wanted to, but now I just don't care anymore. It's hopeless Capper..." I felt like I was never going to see my family again. Then again, even if I could, why would I? That was what it felt like to be at my lowest.