Made It

We hid in the laundry for a few hours. During that time, I dozed off. I had a dream about Sunset. "You're alive!" she said in a jovial tone as she hugged me. "I missed you so much," I said as I hugged back. "I missed you too," said Sunset, "look how big you've gotten! You got your Cutie Mark!" There were tears in her eyes, but she was happy to see me. Suddenly, she said, "Come on Garrett, wake up..." I was confused, then she said in Capper's voice, "Wake up."

I gasped, and woke from my dream. I looked around, and there was Capper. "Did we make it?" I asked. Capper smiled and said, "Yeah, we made it. Come on, let's skidaddle!" We then ran out of the pile of dirty clothes, and ran. Capper kept up with my pace, being that I could gallop really fast. We ran as fast as we could, both free. A few hours later, we were out in the desert. The east was Klugetown, and west was Canterlot. We caught our breaths. Capper then noticed a long red coat. "What do we have here?" he asked as he picked up the coat, and put it on.

 "What do we have here?" he asked as he picked up the coat, and put it on

"What do you think Garrett?" asked Capper. He looked good in that coat. "It definitely suits you," I said, "we're free." Capper nodded and said, "Yeah we are." We fist pumped. But it did make me ask, "Now what?" Capper looked at Klugetown and said, "I was thinking of going over there. Maybe start a new life. You?" I shrugged and said, "Honestly, I don't know..."

"Might I make a suggestion?" Capper asked. "I'm all ears," I said. Capper pointed at Canterlot and said, "Maybe YOU should go back to Canterlot and see if your family is still alive." I hesitated. "I don't know..." I said. Part of me still felt hurt that my parents abandoned me. "It would help to check," said Capper, "plus, don't you miss your sister?" I nodded, thinking of Sunset again. I think she was now no longer a filly and had grown up to become a beautiful mare. "Take it from a cat who doesn't have a family," said Capper, "it'd be a smart idea to make amends with your family, and make peace with your parents. I'm sure they'd be glad to know that their only son is alive."

"Cap, you, Billy, and Red have been more like family to me," I said. "We'll always be brothers Garrett," promised Capper, "Go. You've been away from your real family long enough. Live the life you deserve. Besides... There might be an attractive mare for you." I smiled and hugged Capper. He hugged me back. "Thank you for everything Capper," I said. Once we stopped hugging, we looked at each other one last time.

"Remember Garrett, once a brother," said Capper. "Always a brother," I said, nodding. We then turned the other way. Capper went to Klugetown. I didn't really think of this as a goodbye forever, but more as an until we meet again type of goodbye. As for me, I ran. There were no cages to keep me locked. I am now a free stallion, and now I can write my own future.