We Need To Talk About Sunset

We were traveling inside a vortex for a few minutes. It was dizzy to say the least. A few minutes later, we were out of the portal. We were in the other dimension. I almost didn't recognise Twilight. She was now a human. She wore a bright blue shirt, a pink bowtie, a purple skirt with her Cutie Mark, pink stockings, and purple & black shoes.

 She wore a bright blue shirt, a pink bowtie, a purple skirt with her Cutie Mark, pink stockings, and purple & black shoes

"Twilight, is that you?" I asked. She got up and said, "Yes, it's me Garrett. You should look at yourself."  She helped me get up on my feet, and I looked at my appearance. I was wearing a green t-shirt with a subliminal message, a striped gray and white hoodie, blue jeans, and red & black sneakers.

 I was wearing a green t-shirt with a subliminal message, a striped gray and white hoodie, blue jeans, and red & black sneakers

"How do I look?" I asked. Twilight looked at me and said, "You look handsome actually." I blushed and said, "Why thank you Twilight. You look pretty." Now it was Twilight's turn to blush. Twilight then snapped back to reality and said, "Can you handle walking on two legs?" I smirked and said, "Twilight, I saw my friends Capper and Billy walk on two legs plenty of times. I think I can handle it." Nonetheless, Twilight held my arm to help me walk. But I was able to manage walking properly.

"There are some things you need to know about this world," explained Twilight as we got into the school, "the human Celestia and Luna aren't princesses. They're principals. Things are very different here, fair warning. Let's go to Principal Celestia. She might know where your sister is at." Some of the students looked at us in shock, or like they saw a ghost. I acted friendly, and waved at some of them. Soon, we were in the Principal's office. "Hello, we'd like to speak to Principal Celestia, please." Twilight said to the secretary. The secretary had us sign our names on a paper, and a couple minutes later, we were allowed permission to see the principal. Principal Celestia looked like the princess I met earlier, only she looked like a woman in her late thirties, early forties, and she wore more professional clothing.

 Principal Celestia looked like the princess I met earlier, only she looked like a woman in her late thirties, early forties, and she wore more professional clothing

We sat down on two chairs to face the principal, and Celestia said, "It's good to see you again, Twilight. And who is this gentleman?" I smiled and said, "My name is Garrett Shimmer, Principal." Celestia raised an eyebrow and asked, "Shimmer? You wouldn't happen to be related to Sunset Shimmer, would you?" 

"He's her younger brother," replied Twilight. "I can see a resemblance..." Celestia stated. I smiled and said, "Thank you Principal Celestia. Would you happen to know where my sister is?" Celestia sighed sadly and said, "A lot has happened since you left the school, Princess Twilight... I understand you wanted your friends to keep an eye on Sunset and befriend her. But unfortunately, they turned their backs on her. Everyone whom Sunset angered decided to bully her out of revenge. They tormented her so badly, she started to harm herself... The only one of your friends who attempted to befriend Sunset was Fluttershy.  But Sunset turned her down because she didn't want Fluttershy to receive backlash for befriending her. The tormenting and bullying took such a toll on Sunset, that she purposefully fell off a building to take her own life..."

Twilight and I both had a look of horror. "What?!?!?!" I said, in denial. Of course, I'm no stranger to suicide. In prison, Capper, Billy, Red, and I saw our fair share of prison suicides. Some inmates would hang themselves, slit their wrists or throats. Some would purposefully provoke the guards or Tempest so that they'd kill them. I saw one prisoner spit on The Storm King, and he beat that prisoner to death. Like I said, I'm no stranger to suicide. But I never thought... "I'm sorry Garrett, but your sister Sunset is dead..." Celestia sadly said. Twilight was starting to cry. My only sister killed herself. "No, she can't be dead!" I cried, breathing heavily, "It's not true! I got out for her! My sister can't be dead! She can't..."  Twilight tearfully hugged me tightly, and that's when I lost it. "I'm so sorry..." she emotionally whispered in my ear. Sunset Shimmer is dead...