Hey Mom

Pop and I decided to have some ice cream. I talked to Pop about some of the prisoners I befriended during my stay. Pop felt sorry for those band of misfits. After I told him how Cap and I escaped, Pop said, "Well I hope your dragon friend Red destroys that prison. As for Billy, if I ever meet him, I'll try and give him a good word with the Canterlot Gazette so that he can work there. He seems like he has the right credentials to be a good reporter." Pop looked at the time and said, "Looks like Chara might be home. Let's go son."

We walked over to the house I grew up in. "You never moved out?" I asked. "It would've been a sin if we did," said Pop, "now wait here. I have to tell your mother." I nodded, understanding. Pop then opened the door, and I patiently waited outside. A few minutes later, Pop came out with Mom.

Mom used to have a yellow coat like me and Sunset, and a bright green mane. Her coat was still the same, but her mane was beginning to gray too. She looked older and more tired. "Chara, our son is home," said Pop. She looked at me and said, "Garrett, dear?" I smiled and said, "It's me Mama..." I couldn't help but get emotional. Mom burst into tears and hugged me. "My little foal..." she sobbed, smothering me with kisses.

Mom and Pop let me in, happy to see me. "Look how big you've gotten..." she said, "You got your Cutie Mark!" Mom decided to cook my favorite meal as a way of celebrating. I then enjoyed the meal Mom cooked for me. "This is so good Mom!" I said, wolfing down my food. "Was the prison food bad?" Mom asked. "Terrible!" I said, "The chef couldn't cook within an inch of his life! It was so bad, I wouldn't wish such food upon my worst enemies. Even King Sombra, Lord Tirek, and Queen Chrysalis would say it's cruel." Pop laughed and said, "That bad, eh? I'll take your word for it son."

Much later, we were in the living room. "Mom, do you and Pop know what happened to Sunset?" I asked. Mom sighed sadly and said, "Despite the way your father and I pushed your sister, she managed to become Princess Celestia's personal student. But because of the way we treated her, Sunset became arrogant and cruel. When Celestia expelled Sunset, she ran away."

 "Do you know where she ran away to?" I asked. "That's the thing son," said Pop, "your mother and I don't know... After both of you were gone, we gave up hope, and consumed ourselves in our work. But nonetheless, it's good to have you back Garrett." I nodded, smiling. I felt a lightbulb pop in my head, and I said, "What if I reached out to Princess Celestia? Maybe she could help me find Sunny?"

 "Why didn't we think of that before?" Mom asked, fully realizing what should've been done. "Your optimism is admirable son," said Pop, "if you want to reach out to Princess Celestia, we encourage it. The journey is a long one. We'd recommend you start tomorrow." I nodded, determined to succeed. That night, I slept in my old bed. It was like sleeping on a soft cloud.