3. Pain

3. Pain

My throat kills in evitable pain and I dont realize what's happening.

"You must be hungry, here I'll bring you out and teach you how to hunt." he grabs my hand and we race out the door; me going a bit faster. I know he's not a vampire, but he hunts animals the same way and so that's good enough for me. I wonder if I'll have to move and join a coven with other vampires. I don't think being raised by a wolf is the right way to go... Once we get deep enough into the forest I can hear everything; a spider weaving her web, birds hatching from their shells, even Billy and Seth talking back at the house. I turn to Jake with a wide smile on my face.

"I can't hunt when I'm human...you'll just have to follow my movements okay!" I nod my head and watch as Jacob transforms into the mutt he calls a wolf. With one big growl he leaps ahead and I follow. We dart through the forest for a while until he suddenly stops and nudges me. I don't get what he's telling me until I smell it; the scent of elk in the nearing. I take a step forward at the same time Jake does. He propels himselfup first and I watch as he attacks an elk from behind a bush. It looks gruesome and gory but I'm very famished and want a try. I smell the air again and get a whiff of human coming from the west. I start up darting not even caring about what I'm doing until something pounds me to the ground. I kick and fight to be let go when I notice who's on top of me. Jacob. His big black wolf eyes meet mine and he gives a low snarl. I then realize I was going to kill a...human! Me Bella Swan was going to kill something in which I was before. I feel embarrassed and very remorseful as I push the wolf from me. Jacob rolls onto the ground and then flings up ready to pounce again.

"Jake I don't know what had gotten into me! It's just that smell..." I linger facing the way it still comes from. I hear a bark and then I face back toward Jacob. "Sorry." I mutter. I take in the smells again and get a whiff of mountain lion in earshot. I start running past Jake and stop when I'm close enough. With an improbable chance of actually killing the thing I pounce debonairly into the tall grass and catch it within my fanged teeth. It struggles to get free and for about five minutes it's a battle between vampire and lion. Soon I bite it harder and suck the blood from within. It tastes good since my craving was so vital. When all the blood is drained from the animal I look down to notice my clothes spotted and drenched in blood and gore. I gag and then realize I'm not supposed to do that now that I'm a vampire and all. I walk out and look around for Jake; I find him in his human form fully clothed.

"Where were you?" I ask as he jumps down from the tree.

"I ran back to the house when you were having that whole battle scene, I changed there." I nod and then look down at my clothes.

"Yeah that's going to be a problem...you can borrow some of Leah's until you get back to Charlie's." Jacob comes over to me and flicks my messed up hair. I laugh and then we run back to the house. When we get there everyone stares at me and comments quietly; but I can hear everything.

"Bella I see your lively today." Billy says with a smile which isn't normal; it's almost as if he's trying to hide something.

"I wouldn't say lively, I would say active..." I linger knowing he's figured out I am a vampire now. He laughs once and then heads away. Jacob brings me into the house and slams open the door to Leah's room. She sits on her bed writing something down on a notebook.

"Don't you know to knock?" Leah yells at Jacob. He rolls his eyes and then gently pushes me forward.

"Oh...Bella...you look amazingly different...what is it you need..." I stutter at the wonder in her voice, as if she's afraid of me. I look up at Jake and then down at my clothes.

"She needs to borrow some of your clothes...duh" Jacob says leaving the room. I nod and then point to the bloody clothes.

"What happened to...those?" she asks smiling.

"Hunting..." I linger. She nods and then motions me to her closet; which she is already at. She hands me a pair of jeans, a grey long sleeve shirt and I thank her. I enter the bathroom, comb through my hair and change, leaving my bloody things in the tub. Jacob waits outside talking to Seth about how he tackled me to the ground after my urge to kill a human. I concentrate and listen to what else their talking about.

"Here comes the queen." Seth says loudly. I know exactly what he means by queen. Ever since the new girl Malia joined the pack she gets everything she wants and nothing less. I can hear the click of high-heels coming off the pavement and then growls start to thunder around.

"Don't growl at me; growl at Seth." Malia says snooty like. The boys still growl and I hear Leah yell 'shut up' from her bedroom window. I laugh and then listen again.

"Why are you hear Malia, we don't have anything pack related to do today?" Seth replies back childish. I can hear her high-heels fall into the gravel and she lets out a groan.

"Can't I just come here to see the love of my life?" I roll my eyes and know she's talking about Jacob. I can't take any more of this listening so I peak my head out the door and watch. Malia does look beautiful though, her golden blonde hair swirling in lines down her sides, and her tan skin even more perfected compared to mine. She walks forward to Jacob-whose back faces me-and wraps her arms around his neck. He flinches and then grabs her wrists and lowers them to her sides.

"I don't love you." Jake says harshly backing up. I smile and then look at all the other's faces. Sam, Seth, Billy, and Leah whose head is out the window-watching- all stare ready to sic Malia at anytime.

"Sure you do, don't you all agree?" everyone shakes there head; even me.

"Malia... let me give this to you slowly...Jacob loves Bella...he always has...and always will..." Seth says stupidly. Jacob shoves Seth back-most likely from him telling everyone how he loves me-and then nods his head. I smile and then lean up against the back of the door; hiding myself again. I hear muffles of voices-since I'm blocking everything out know-and wonder if I should walk out there. I don't know how serious Malia is about Jake but I'm sure it'll be fine with me there; maybe she'll leave? I take a deep breath in and then glide fast over to Jacob. It was a mistake...a big mistake but I didn't know he was going to do it. Right when I was about to touch Jacob's shoulder he changed into his wolf form. I flew back from being scratched by his paws and sit bleeding on the ground. It hurt for some odd reason and I don't know why. I'm a vampire I shouldn't feel any pain! I hold onto my arm and try to stop the bleeding. How is this hurting? I think to myself over and over again. Jacob growls toward Malia and is about to charge when he hears me. His whole body turns my way and he whimpers. Without any warning Malia transforms into a wolf and tackles Jacob to the ground. She pounds him down and snarls with a great peal. Her golden fur reflects off the little sunlight left in the day and is very pretty. Seth comes to my aid first followed by Leah and Billy. No one helps Jacob but soon out of the corner of my eye I watch as he flings Malia off him and trots behind the house. I know he's back there to change into clothes so it won't be long before he's back. I hear everyone talking at once and it overflows my mind! My arm throbs in pain and I keep asking myself why. No vampire ever feels pain! Ever! I forget about whatever it is everyone's saying and stand up. I mash heads with Leah and she gives a yell; but I don't care. I hear my name about ten times in one second and I push everyone back. They fling and hit the ground. I hear moans and groans and I feel horrible for what I did. I open my mouth to speak but the words are almost impossible to say. I shake my head and then dart off heading to the Cullen's. Maybe; just maybe they're home, No Bella they aren't! I think. The Cullen's are not home! They left me; left me to die by myself, left me to suffer in silence once again! I fling past the Cullen's house not even glancing inside and cross to a little pond in the forest by Charlie's. I sit down on a log and roll up my sleeve to get to my slashes. All four of them are on my left arm and so it's easy to just dunk it under the water. I grind my teeth together for it hurts again and then pull my arm out and dry it on my borrowed shirt. I can't get over how much this hurts! Maybe newborn vampires can feel pain? I think to myself. But that's not right. I've listened to Jasper go on about newborns and they can feel nothing; just like older vampires. I sigh and then sluggishly get up from the log and start for Charlie's. I'll have to lie about the whole vampire and wolf thing otherwise he would freak. I get to the house and hide the slashes close to my shirt.