6. New roof, new relationship

Jacob jumps in through my window with a staid look forming on his face. He zips through my room grabbing my suitcase and stuffing items inside. I look over at him and shake my head.

"Jake stop...I'm not leaving!" my voice is heavy but still gossamer. Jacob looks up from packing and gives me a stare.

"Bella...you barely got away with that last lie; you'll make yourself sound crazy if you tell them the truth." I agree-since I am a horrible liar-and no mortals are suppose to know about vampires. I nod and then help Jake pack my things. I dont want to leave my father's but i have to. This isnt just for his safety-like when James came-but for mine. I crawl onto my bed and reach out for the little dream catcher Jacob had made me. I twirl it around in my fingers, smiling at every touch. I have always loved this little thing; though it never really helped much with nightmares. I listen for a moment and hear Charlie and Steve pounding up the stairs. I break the dream catcher from it's hook and stuff it into my suitcase. With one big zip I've packed everything important to me. I look around once more before Jacob botches me over his back and jumps out the window. I hold on tight and brace for the hit; but only a smooth contact comes. We've never really done anything like that before and now i wish we had. Jacob lets me down and we both dart into the forest; heading for his house. I feel so bad for leaving Charlie like that. Leaving him worried, leaving him alone...again. It's all to agonizing to think... all memories just like the ones I have of Edward...

When Jacob and I get back to his house I notice Billy, Leah, Seth, Malia, and Sam now all sitting around a fire. I grip my bag of belonings and look toward Malia; her glare locked on me. It's as if she wants me out of Jacob's life forever; and that possibly could be true.

"Bella hows your arm?" Billy's voice reaches my ears with a blaring edge. I dont know how to respond to his question so i let my eyes linger. They reach the sky above us and I notice the dark clouds which form there. It's not unusual for it to rain here; so I dont worry much. Billy clears his throat and I look back down at him. I qiver at the impatience his face shows and just purse my lips.

"Well I'm sure whatever your feeling isnt all that bad." Billy's response is quick and simple and I'm glad he filled in for me. Jacob groans and then grabs my good arm and pulls me inside. I drag along until he brings me into a side room.

"Here's your room." Jake says showing me inside. There is a large white bed with a nightstand to the left. I slightly smile and then plop my bag onto the bed. It's weird to be here..live here. A part of me doesnt want to live here at all, but another part of me tells me this is a good idea...What part do I listen to?

"You dont like it do you?" Jake says gloomily. I turn around and shake my head.

 "No i like it...it's just...different being under a whole new roof..." I linger looking down at my hands and thinking about Charlie. Jacob sighs and then silently walks over to me.

"Bella it's going to be okay." his voice is sweet and caring at the same time; sort of like Edwards... I feel Jacob's hands around my waist, but i still dont look up. I'm too concerned with leaving my father to worry about everything considering me. I come back into reality when Jacob lifts up my chin so I look directly at him. Slowly but steadily Jacob brings me closer to him and I can feel the warmth radiating off his skin.

"Wouldn't this be weird...now that I live with you?" I add smiling. Jacob chuckles and then places his hand up to my cheek.

"I don't think this will be any problem." I smile at his words and watch as his lips touch mine with a passionate kiss. Immediately I feel something weird stirring inside of me, something which shouldnt be happening. I groan and then release my lips from his. At first I had no clue what was going on, now I know; I'm kissing a wolf! This isnt right or natural; no vampire-half human or not-has ever kissed a wolf and liked it! I bite my lip and try to say this as nice as possible but it's not coming out right.

"Jacob you're a disgusting wolf!" I spill out. His eyes go wide as he takes everything I have told him in. No that was the wrong chose of words! I think to myself. Why did I just tell him that; that sounds like I hate him! I dont hate him!

"I didnt mean it like-"

"You did mean it like that Bella. You're just another vampire who hates me, I get a lot of those." Jacob's words sting me like a thousand bees. I dont hate him necessarily; just the wolf part. I bite my lip and think about my next move. I can't just walk out on him. With one quick movement I grab back Jacob and kiss him on the lips. I dont pull away no matter how much I want to. His hands move to my back and push me up against him. I groan and moan at every touch and soon it's not something I hate, yet something I feel like I've been living with forever. This is the type of thing Edward had to do everytime he kissed me, and no matter how bad it was he never let me down. I realize if I really want to be with Jacob I have to face the fact of him being a wolf. Soon he pulls away confused a bit.

"I dont hate you...at all." my words light the mood back up and so does Jacob's smile. With one fast step we've both back outside with the other's. Billy uses his wheelchair to watch the fire burn down while Seth, Leah, Sam and Malia all use the logs located around it.

"Jacob!" Malia exclaims patting the spot next to her. Jacob smiles and then starts laughing hysterically.

"Yea right Malia!" Jacob's voice is so sarcastic it's hard not to laugh along with him. I sit down on an empty log and Jacob sits next to me. I lean in a bit and watch the fire embers glow in the night sky. I can tell Malia must be staring me down, but I ignore her snide gesters. 

"So Bella how do you like your room?" Billy asks poking the fire with a large stick. I get a barrel of smoke and sparks in my face so I retrack back.

"It-It's...good." Is all I can even plan on saying before Malia comes into our conversation.

"Wow can you s-stutter..." she breaks out in laughter, and I try to ignore her as much as possible. I didnt think she was going to be this rude; maybe that's why everyone hates her so much. When her high pitched laughter stops she turns on me.

"How does Jacob find anything about you attractive? I mean your hair is dirt brown, your facial features are so imperfect and your voice...well it's quite annoying." I've had enough of this blonde rag doll; It's time for the true Bella to come out. I fix my eyes on her blue ones and make an obnoxious hissing sound in the back of my throat. Jacob grabs my arm and holds me back right when I was about to attack.

"Jacob let me go." I demand softly. His deep brown eyes meet mine and I melt away. It's almost weird to feel this way now, but I think I'm getting over the whole wolf thing. "Jacob pleas-"

"No Bella fighting is never the option, no matter how much we both want to kill her..." he staggers on and I smile a bit. I look back toward Malia and notice her lips curved into a smile.

"Yea no fighting Bella..." her voice is strained and soon I know why. All in an instant Malia changes into her golden wolf form and snarls toward Jacob and I. I cringe back from how sudden everything happened and watch as she takes steps toward us.

"Malia stop now!" Sam insists standing up. Her big blue eyes never leave mine though and soon the fight begins.