15. Life Story

He wants to marry me! Me! Not anyone else; just me! I get a blast of energy though I really am tired and move my lips to speak the optimistic words.

"Yes." Jacob smiles hugely and then pulls out the little ring to slide it on my finger. I cant believe what's happening! This doesnt even seem real in my eyes. This all seems like a dream, a very vivid dream full of my favorite person in the world. Jacob.

The time flys and soon it's already five in the afternoon. I sigh as we will have to be getting back soon, but Jacob might as well be thinking overwise. I lie on his chest as his hands run patterns across my back. Everything is perfect right now and I dont want anything to change.

"That was my mother's." Jacob says one tone. "The ring." I look up at him slightly and smile. I know Jacob has been through too much since his mother's death. He has told me once about what had happened; it was so heartbreaking...It was a cloudly Monday; but regular for Forks. Jacob's mother; Sarah, had decided to go out with some old friends while Jake had school. She didnt have much time though before the rain started pouring down and so she quickly raced into her car; driving fast away. The rain and wind made driving hard and with out good grip she was loosing control of the wheel; spinning circles in the highway -or at least that's what the witnesses had said. Cars pilled up against hers smashing her inside; leaving nothing but broken glass and a dead body behind. Firefighters, police crews, investigators and ambulances were brought to the scene but no one could bring her back to life. She was already dead at the first impact. Jacob, his two sisters and Billy hadn't heard about any of it till at least two hours later. The whole family was crushed and nothing was ever the same. Billy soon was diagnosed with diabetes and couldn't do anything; since it made him wheelchair bound as well. Jacob's sisters soon took over but got married off right away and moved far from Jacob and Billy. They were both left to care for themselves then and with Jacob only around twelve or so; it was harder than ever...I feel so bad for him; for how long he's had to go through without a mother. Without a woman figure in the family for at least four years; unless you consider Leah. She only lived there because her father died from a heart attack and Billy was gaining a relationship closer to Sue; Leah and Seth's mother. I come back into reality when Jacob shifts me in his arms.

"It is beautiful." I tell him fast. It's then silent; silent enough for me to hear the whips of wind through the trees. I dont know what to say and I'm guessing that's the same with him, but soon I find something.

"What's some good baby names?" I ask him looking up a bit. His sigh begs a bit but he answers quickly.

"I dont know; but anything you choose I'll like." he says kissing the top of my head. I sigh and then think real hard. Carter? Lauren? Sadie? Nothing rings a good bell. I moan and then dig my head into Jacob listening to his heart beat steadily. "I love you Bella." I look up at him and notice the slight smile his face shows.

"I love you too." I tell him before my lips are smacked against his. It's not long though before I feel my stomach let out a kick. I gasp and then fling up from him. Why does this have to happen now? I think to myself. The pain hits me again and that time Jacob had noticed.

"What's wrong?" he asks sitting up as well. I situate myself in his lap and feel my stomach. I can tell there is a small bump rising; but I try not to think about it that much.

"It kicked." I tell him sourly. I had just realized this now; but my child has actually kicked me! It makes me want to laugh but I dont.

"That's amazing Bella!" he exclaims placing his hand on my stomach as well. I wait as the baby kicks one more time; for show. Jacob's face lights up, but mine stays bitter.

"It does hurt though." I tell him trying not to sound rude. His eyes lock on mine as he lets out a worried face.

"Oh Bella; sorry I didnt kno-"