19. Months ahead

"Why isn’t she awake yet?"

"She will be soon. I can tell."

"How can you tell so fast?"

"Her heartbeat is picking up pace."

"I hope so."

"All she did was go into shock Jacob. She's not going to die; she never was going to."

"It’s just I don’t want to lose her."

I hear the comments of Jacob and Edward next to me and it sounds as if they're right in my ear. The blaring chatter makes me want to groan out in pain but no sound comes out of me. It's like my vocal cords have been ripped out of my throat leaving me with nothing. I swallow hard making the entire noise stop in the room. Instantly I feel the warmth of Jacob on my right side and the ice cold coming off Edward at my left.

"Bells?" Jacob says brushing through my hair with his warm hands. I wait awhile feeling the consistency in his movements. It's almost like he's my reverie; which was the only good thing of being knocked out. You could dream...I stand in the middle of the wide room holding onto my newborn child. The same brown hair and gleaming brown eyes makes it look identical to myself. I rock back and forth feeling the warmth radiating off his pale skin and without delay Alice pops alongside me trying to tell me something. I shake my head and try to get Alice to leave since the child now cries in my quivering hands. I try to make him fall back asleep but more and more people pop into my head streaming out all sorts of names. 'Caleb' 'Issac'. Then it hits me like a stone to my chest. The perfect name for our child...Caleb Issac Black...

I wake up with a sudden shiver of cold air playing off me. Jacob stands by the window looking out far from anyplace here, while Edward paces back and forth in front of my bed. I can feel the wisps of air flowing off him and onto me where goosebumps form. I shiver again making it quiet noticeable I'm here.

"Bells!" Jacob says turning fast and rushing to me. I instantly feel the warmth off his skin and onto my own. "You finally woke up." I nod slowly feeling the roughness in my throat. Without even a word of telling, Edward comes over to my side holding out a Styrofoam cup. I look at it shakily asking myself what’s inside in which he wants me to drink.

“What is it?” I ask examining the cup some more. I hear Edward sigh in a low tone and then he hands the cup into my quivering hands. When his cold ones meet mine for just that brief second I get shivers up my spine which stop completely at my toes.

“Blood…you need it.” he says inserting a straw as well. “This will make it easier on you.” I look at him surprised by his words and then agree; since my thirst has taken over. With a quick glare at the cup I place my mouth on the straw sucking the red liquid out completely. I gag at first removing my mouth to cringe my head behind me; but soon even Jacob forces me to and I go along. Each swallow of the stuff makes my throat tingle with excitement and the flavor doesn’t become a problem anymore.

When I finish I hand the cup back to Edward.

“Thanks.” I stutter out before he darts back into the kitchen. It’s very quiet for a moment before I hear Jacob’s low voice come in.

“I’ll go get him.” I know he’s talking about the baby so I just nod; keeping my eyes trained on the wall ahead of me. Jacob leaves the room sending the cold atmosphere all around me swirling into my skin; rising goosebumps along the way. I keep thinking about everything in which had just happened. It seemed so fast; so ungodly fast I don’t even know what to think anymore. I can barely grasp the sensation of having a child around my fingers!

Jacob comes back in carrying the little bundle of joy, wrapped up in a little blue blanket which covers up to his nose.

“Isn’t he adorable? I think he gets that from you.” Jake says sitting back down beside me on the bed. I sigh and then shake my head till my eyes go dizzy.

“I don’t think he got that from me…sorry.”  I tell him quickly placing my hands out to hold the small child. Jacob hands him over, touching my cold skin in the process and warming it up instantly. The little boy’s dimples light up as I rock back and forth to my own music in my head. He’s so much like in my dream…the same brown hair, brown eyes and tiny curled up hands resting outside the blanket now. I just want to hold him tight forever and never let him go….ever.

“What should we name him?” Jacob asks pushing the blanket from his face down to his chin. I look ever so gingerly at the small baby and try real hard for names. Everything draws a bad blank to my head but soon I remember my dream. The one in which everyone gave me ideas for baby names. Then it hits me…the perfect name for our bouncing baby boy.

“What about Caleb? His middle name can be Issac?” I ask Jacob looking back at his face now as well. Everything seems to go ballistic then as Jacob’s face lights up in excitement at the wonderful name I had just thought of...

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

A p r i l   1999

Caleb turns one,

Jacob and I turn 19

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

M a y  2000

Caleb turns two,

Jacob and I turn 20

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

J u n e  2001

Caleb turns three,

Jacob and I turn 21

Jacob and I get married

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Birds chirp high up in the willow trees surrounding the quiet place. It's so serene; no woner Alice had precise visions about keeping it her way. The flower beds make isles which stretch from a distance and the little stream behind me makes a soft pouring noise which is quite peaceful as well. Everything's so well put together; I couldn't have asked for anything more on my wedding day.

"Are you nervous?" Charlie asks coming up from the side of me. I gulp down my breath and suck a big one back in. How can't I be. I mean I am getting marry arent I?

"You can tell?" I ask facing his way. His eyes meet mine with an envied look, but I just sigh.

"You do look beautiful though," He adds arrogantly. I shake my head looking down at the wedding dress in which now covers me. It's a long flowing dress with ruffles in the back and a curved top which pulls together everything. I do like it; yes, but then again I'd rather not wear any dress at all. With a firm grip on Charlie's arm I take my first step toward my new life.