Welcome Home

(HAPPY THANKSGIVING!)

M/n Pov.

I got out of the hospital and Jeff walked me home.(Jeff came alone to visit you and he's too young to drive).

"thanks, Bye Jeff!" I grinned. I watch him turn and I frown. I walk through the door. "Hey mom I'm home" I say sadly. But she wasn't home. "Riley?" I questioned looking around. Mom then walked through the back door. "Mom?" "M/n!?" She runs up yo me and gives me a hug.

"I'm so sorry... I couldn't even see you while you were in the hospital... I missed you so much!" She says. Her face was wet slightly from now drying tears.

Why was she crying?

"Mom?" "Lets get in the car" she says releasing me and grabbing her phone off the table. "mom? Where are we going?" she didn't answer me. I frowned. It wasn't like her not to talk to me or  to not talk at all.

Something was wrong. "mom wheres Riley?" "in the car" she said leaving out the back door. "if you need something hurry up and get it" I then run upstairs.

I grab my phone. It was on my bed right where I left it. I also took my kitsune mask.

When I got into the car I noticed mom was in the driver seat. She almost always rides in the front passenger seat.

"mom? where are we going? If you haven't noticed I just git hone from the hospital-" "I know... Its just hard to explain..." "Wheres Riley?" I say more sternly.

"Shes staying with Uncle Donny and you will too.." she said with a frown. "WHAT?!" "I know its a bit soon but its safer" "We just moved here! And I already have friends! The only reason its unsafe is because of your stupid husband right?!" I yelled. The car swerved.

Mom stopped the car after pulling off the street into a parking lot. She then reached over and slapped me. I was shocked. She never hit me before...

He's rubbing off on her.
Its all his fault.
I've done nothing wrong.

"I see where your loyalty lies... Abandoning your kids for a man who's only going to hit you... You're pathetic." I his stepping out of the car.

I put my mask on. I didn't want to show my face. He was above me? I don't think so.

I start walking away. "M/n come back!" "leave me alone"  I hissed. I start running along the side of the road. Then into some shrubbery entering a thin forest before crossing to the other side.

I pick up my phone. "hey Jeff can I stay with you for a while?"