Coming Home

Author's Note:

My poor friend is about to get his wisdom tooth removed lets pray for him 

Third Person Pov.

All of the boys were scolded but none of them seemed to care and they were all sent home early. And it was either a parent would come get them or they were walking home. Each of them going home with a suspension. Randy and his gang were all very angry being stood up to and being caught. Randy the most infuriated seeing this as a loss rather than a win. Jeff and M/n then walked back home together. Jeff went into his house leaving M/n behind with a nice bruise on his left cheek. M/n frowns walking into his own home. He had gotten his crush in trouble. when he got in he saw the whole place was redecorated. 

M/n Pov.

I walk in my bag hanging off my shoulder. My arms hurt after being slammed in that position having my shoulder blades hit the ground and my heavy backpack was not helping me in any way. I then hear someone come running down the stairs. "M/N!" I turn and see it was her. 

Riley... She had shorter hair now it only went to her shoulders. But her auburn hair was still smooth and flowing in a cute way. I wish I had also inherited moms hair. But I got my dads hair. If Riley was here then that means that he can't be here right now right? 

Most likely wrong. Knowing mom they kissed and made up over night. They fight. He hits her. She cries about it. If it's bad she regrets ever being with him. Then in the morning they are a happy family all over again. Then repeat. Nothing will change nothing will get better. 

At least she is happy. She deserves to be happy... Unlike me. It's not like I've done anything to make anything better. I might even only make things worse. For example when they argue over how I talk to him or something I did or didn't do. Maybe this is my fault? I don't like that thought and then realized they would argue even if and when I did all the right things. So he would do this even if I wasn't here. 

He most likely argued with her when I left. Called her a bad mother for letting me do anything. Made her feel like it was her fault. She most likely got hit too... And this time it would have been my fault....

"Is mom home?" "Yeah! She's in her room!" Riley smiles. "I'll be back okay?" "Oh... okay" she says sounding sad. I frown and go up the stairs. I then go into moms room. "Mom?" there was a bundle of blankets on the side of the bed. She most likely was taking a nap. Maybe she's-

Then a pair of arms slide across my waist. Who is you!? I turn and see it was mom. "M/n! I was so worried about you! Then when the school called-" is she okay? She's being a little too- oh never mind. "I'm fine and I was at a friends house" "Why didn't you respond to me?" "I lost my phone..." I say remembering that my beloved anime watching device was missing. "I'll buy you a new one, I'm just glad that you're safe" Her warm embrace then ends when an alarm on her phone goes off. "He'll be home soon... You should get out of your school clothes" I nod at her. The moment ending with that depressing crash. 

I then go into my room that had no changes. My anime poster still scratched and my bed  messy because I didn't ever make it. I then make my bed because OCD. Then I lie on my back with a sigh. Wait i was supposed to be getting dressed! And I never gave Jeff his clothes back.... I blush then pick them up. They smell like him... Gah! What am I doing!? I put them back in my bag and then put on a normal f/c shirt and a pair of jeans. 

I then force my face into my body pillow(I own 2). I will never leave you Fairy Tail... I sighed to myself thinking about the argument they would have if they thought I wasn't going to eat with them. Ugh just let me starve to death.... I think to myself before rolling out of bed to have my face hit the ground. OW! MY BEAUTIFUL FACE! I cry to myself as I stood up. I then brush off my clothes they weren't dirty but just in case.  

I then go downstairs and see Riley playing on  he tablet laying out her small body over the one seat couch.  "M/N! Look at my worm!" she was playing slither.io...  "Isn't it a snake?" "No snakes are  mean!" okay...

She was on the leader board somehow and  was proud of herself based on her eyes. "You try!" she says as another player kills her. "No thanks I'm okay..." I say not wanting to play. I'd rather watch and well I don't really want to play. It isn't even the best made game but still she likes it so I guess it can't be that bad. I mean the nightmares about that furby game were worse...

I sit beside her and watch as she kills a few players carelessly. "M/n come here!" "okey..." I say getting up letting Riley have her space back. "Can you peel these?" She says gesturing at a few potatoes. I then pick up the peeler and start skinning the first potato. Then I shaved it and the next few before I started to cut them into smaller pieces. "Fries or mashed mum?" "Mashed" she answers and I make them into smaller more bite sized pieces before cutting those in half. 

Riley then ran into the room. "Daddy's home!" she smiled. I looked out the window and looked at the car in the driveway. Yup it was him...  I watch as he gets out of the car wearing his famous scowl brushing back the salty sweat from his forehead. Using this disgusting formula to slick his brown hair backwards. I still don't get how mom married him. It was better when it was just us and dad but then again Riley is his daughter. I guess it just infuriates me that maybe he dislikes me because I'm not his son or that I can't do everything perfectly. 

He then opens the door and lets Riley hug him before sitting at the table. I start to mash at the potatoes making sure there were no clumps I wouldn't mind them in his dish but I was going to eat this too so I had to make sacrifices. 

"Dad! M/n came home!" "I can see that Riley" he grumbled not caring if I was here or not. And of course I wasn't going to start conversation because I actually hate him and don't want to interact. But there he goes with his "No hello for your father?" in his fake sweet tone which was hiding an angered grumble. I roll my eyes. "Whatever... Hi dad" "Watch your attitude M/n" "What are you gonna do? Burn the rest of my face off?" He then stands up "Maybe I will if you keep saying shit like that" "Do it." I say insanity on my tongue. "Oh and watch what you say in front of Riley unlike me and mom she actually still loves you and looks up to you" I say looking back at him with a smile. 

I groan leaving the kitchen. I finished mashing the potatoes and I didn't want to be around him any longer than I needed to. "He's disrespectful I'm his father he should be nicer and loose that attitude especially around his sister!" Dad growls. "Calm down he's just a-" "nuisance?" dad says as I start to walk up the stairs his words still clear to my ears. "Dad-" Riley began looking at him. She looked upset from the split second view I got as I walked up the stairs. "Go to your room and play with your dolls or something" he says having a softer side for her not wanting to make her hate him too. 

She obeys and runs up the stairs behind me. "Come on Riley, I'll paint you a pretty picture" I say smiling at her. She gives me a smile unlike her usual one. This one feeling more fake...