A night with Jeff (part2)

M/n Pov.

I accept the pop tart with a smile. "Thank you" I say biting into the pop tart. Unlike me Jeff toasted his pop tart.

After we ate we went upstairs. I pull out my phone to see I have eighteen  miscalls from mom and twenty seven texts from her as well. I frown. Then I see a strange one.

SOAP
... Sleep with one eye open...

Who the fuck is SOAP? And why did it sound familiar? I swear I've heard of it before...

I ignore it. It was most likely some kid messing with me. I look at my kitsune mask and pur my phone into the space where your face goes.

"Where'd you buy that?" Jeff asks. "I bought it online..." then his blue eyes latch onto my phone like a kid asking if you had games.

"Something you want to say M/n?" It was like he read my thoughts. But did I really want to tell him? We haven't known each other for long... But then again he helped me get to the hospital and let me stay at his house when I asked... I think I owe it to him to at least say something.

I touch the burn mark on my face. It was going back to a my normal skin but it was still only halfway normal the burn was still in tact.

But it wasn't permanent like the cut on my heart from my mothers betrayal.

"My mom was going to have me and my sister move away to be with our uncle..." "What?! Didn't you just move here?" "Yeah...  Mom chose him over us" "Him?" "the one who gave me this" I say touching the burn. 

His blue orbs widen but I continue. "He hits me and my mom, I was just lucky he doesn't hit Riley and she doesn't know about it"  "Have you tried the police?" "Who are they going to believe an adult married man or a kid? And now I'm a kid who watched someone get stabbed and was a suspect. They wont believe either of us"  I notice as Jeff's hands form twin fists.

Jeff Pov.

So that guy was hurting M/n... I think protectively wanting to kill him. That's why he gad those marks on his face. That's who the doctor was asking about previous fights he must be covered in scratches, bruises, and scars. It made me angry. There was nothing I could have done for him.

I also couldn't tell him it would be okay. I cant lie to his face after the truth he's shared with me. It gives me a shitty feeling of weakness even though I knew I couldn't do anything. I'll kill him. I'll kill him. I'll kill him. He'll go to sleep and never wake up.

Then my thought was broken by a hand on my shoulder. Then I notice the sparkling e/c orbs looking into my own.

He looked sad. "Jeff its okay, Im fine" Those words... Why is he lying to me? He can tell me he's not fine... His voice was trembling and he looked like he wanted to cry.

"Don't lie to me M/n you're not okay" "You're here Jeff... You... Make me happy" He smiled. I blush you make me happy plays through my mind. Processing each word. "when I'm with you I'm perfectly fine"

Hey guys its the author, I wanted to which one should be the cover for this book.

This one

Or this one

Or this one