The Original Doppelgangers

Trigger Warning I'll let you know. It's about child Abuse. Skip it if you don't feel comfortable reading about what happened to my character when she was younger. I'll give you a warning on when it starts and ends. Also there's a song so when you see it you should know the drill. Enjoy.

I'm already awake because of Elijah's screaming from earlier and Elijah just woken and is trying to get out of the chains as Esther drinks her tea.

I groan: It's no use Elijah that puppet or doll above us is holding us here.

He looks up at it and then stops.

Esther: Having sweet dreams?

Elijah lunges for her but the restraints won't allow him to get any closer to her.

Angel: Tried that too.

Elijah: Get out of my head.

Esther: I'm not in your head, dear. You were screaming. We all heard it.

He looks at me and I nod. He then looks at his mother with a hard glare. All she does is smile.

Esther: Go ahead, get your bearings. We have much to discuss.

Esther leaves and Elijah once again tries to break through the chains but fails.

I look at him: Just stop. It's no use.

Elijah looks at me: Have you given up.

I shake my head: My shirts dirty along with my shorts. I'm bloody and tired I want to but no I'm not. Her magic is keeping us here. The magic that made you into what you is today. Just wait. We're going to make it.

Elijah keeps quiet and after a while Esther walks back in with a small smile.

Esther looks at Elijah: Who were you dreaming about ripping apart when you woke earlier? Was it your precious Aleah Or, was it someone else?

Elijah aggressively lunges for her but can't get close to her.

Esther: Oh, stop fighting, Elijah! I brought you here to listen, and you're not going anywhere until I've said my piece.

Elijah: So speak.

Esther: I want you to rejoin our family, but as a witch. I want you to leave behind the grotesque savage vampirism has made of you. Take the body of a mortal, and we can all be happy again. Start over.

I scoff she scolds me like a Chile before looking back at Elijah.

Elijah: You do know you're entirely demented, don't you?

Esther chuckles: Am I? I'm not the one who pulls the wings off of every beautiful butterfly that he finds.

Elijah continues to try to break through his chains.

Esther: Like the woman who flits across the edge of your nightmare.

Elijah yells: Let me go. Now. Let us go.

Elijah's vamps out but Esther is unfazed.

Esther: Hmm. How quickly you slip back into your more savage self.

I watch as Elijah grows silent and he looks ashamed as his vampire face slips away.

Esther: The moral son I raised is now but a mask worn to hide ancient demons.

Elijah: You know nothing.

Esther: See, that's where you're wrong. I know more about the secrets you carry than you do. Shall I list them? I can begin with the first little butterfly you destroyed.