Chapter Four

So you may have realized that I've deleted my A/N. I deleted it because I know realised it was idiotic and childish. I called the friend who was mentioned and we sorted it out. Truth was that she was so mad and tired when she wrote it she didn't even remember what she wrote. I reminded her of what she wrote, by the end we were both in tears. She apologized and I forgave her and all is well. Anyway, here's the chapter.

Also, I don't own anything, not the characters, barely the plot.

Third Person POV

When the unconscious half-goat was locked in the interrogation room Riptide left to her room. Why Riptide had decided to stay at the mountain, none of her teammates new. Though the reason was deeper than they thought. It was simple: the mountain reminded her of Camp. Staying in one place with your teammates, bonding with them. She knew if she stayed at the mountain she could bond with her teammates quicker. Although she was well aware that the last 'team' she'd been a part of hadn't had the best ending, but now she was determined. This team... she wouldn't let them down. She knew that she couldn't let her fears get in her way. If she trusted the team and they trusted her, there would be a lower chance of catastrophic happenings.

Wally followed after her. The others thought he might want to ask her about the bush diving or something, but apparently, that wasn't the plan. A minute or so they heard a faint crack that sounded suspiciously like someone's bones being broken. Then a few yells of pain accompanied the yells. All of who heard it ran towards the source of the sound. What they found surprised them, they found Wally sitting on the ground in the middle of the hallway, clutching his nose. Blood ran out of his nose as it usually would during a nose bleed.

"Ow," Wally muttered.

"What happened?" Superboy asked in confusion.

Then Riptide showed herself, walking out of her room. She closed the door after her.

"The idiot tried to flirt with me," she said.

-

After several hours they checked the interrogation room they found the half-goat. They found him half awake. When Robin stepped in front of him he completely woke. He looked around, checking his surroundings. He sat in a chair, his hands were cuffed together.

"First of all, who are you?" Robin asked.

"Grover Underwood," he answered.

Kaldurs eyes widened a little in shock. Although, luckily, the team didn't notice it, except Riptide.

"Can you explain this?" Robin asked showing him the evidence Batman had given them.

"Uh, no. I've never done anything like," Grover said.

"But, this looks exactly like you," Megan pointed out.

"Yeah, I noticed. Sorry, but I've never done anything like this," Grover said.

"Grover, are you sure?" I asked him.

"Yeah, and you, especially you, should know that," he said.

"Why would she know that?" Robin asked.

"I've known her since we were twelve," Grover said.

"Riptide, is this true?" Kaldur asked.

"Yeah, this is very unlike him," Riptide said.

"Then why didn't you say anything in the first place?" Wally asked, his voice sounding a little weird due to the bandage over his broken nose.

"Well, I needed to be sure it was him," I lied.

"If he truly is Grover Underwood, then it is very unlikely that he has committed these crimes," Kaldur said.

-

In the end, they let Grover go, with evidenced his innocence of course.

"How did you meet him," Megan asked when Riptide and she were alone in the living room.

"Who?" Riptide asked.

"Grover," Megan answered.

"Well, we met in sixth grade, we were best friends," Riptide responded.

"Oh, it must've surprised you when you realized they we were going after him," Megan said.

"No, not really. Grover and I've gotten into a lot of trouble together," Riptide answered.

"How? You and Grover seem so... nice!" Megan exclaimed.

"Well, not everyone can truly see what actually happens sometimes, usually if the truth is something they dislike, that's what I think. You could say that there's a type of fog covering the truth sometimes, or maybe it's just the brains way of caring for itself, to protect itself from the truth," Riptide said.

"That does make sense, but why would you want to hide from the truth?" Megan asked.

"The truth, sometimes it can be ugly. Like if you thought you had a friend, you trusted them, though they were a good person, and then they stab you in the back. Like if you hope a person who may have gone over to the 'dark side' can be brought back to the 'good side'. Sometimes they can't, it's just an ugly truth. See, the truth is usually harsh and ugly while lies are comforting and blissful," Riptide said.

Megan scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion.

"That's strange," she replied.

"It certainly is, you'd think it would be the other way around," Riptide said.

Then Wally walked in.

"Hey Megan..." he said, but trailed off as he saw Riptide.

"Hey Wally," Megan said and Riptide just looked at him.

"I'll just leave..." he said.

"No, why don't you join our conversation," Riptide said, a smirk playing on her lips.

"Uh, okay," Wally said.

"You know what, let's play truth or dare," Riptide said.

"What's Truth or Dare?" Megan asked.

"You'll find out soon, Wally can you get the others in here so we can play," Riptide said, smirking.

Wally ran out of the room to find the others.

"Megan, Truth or Dare is a type of game. So, one person says one others name and asks the Truth or Dare. If they say truth you ask them a question and they have to answer truthfully. If they answer Dare, you give them a Dare, something they have to do. Let's say someone said Dare, you can tell them to eat a spoonful of butter and they have to do that," Riptide explained.

Then Wally returned with the others.