Chapter Seventeen

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

"You seems to know Octavian... before he tried to sacrifice us," Robin asked as they flew to the mountain.

"Yeah, I did," Percy answered.

"How?" Megan asked.

"Well, it's a long story, demigods like myself go to two different camps, where we learn to survive and to fight. There's one for the Greek demigods and one for the Roman ones. Before a war with the giants and Mother Earth, Hera decided to switch out two leaders from the different camps, which didn't know of each other. Jason Grace and I were chosen, so one day I wake up somewhere without any memories. The only thing I remembered was my own name. I got to the Roman camp and stuff happened. At the Roman camp I met Octavian, and let me tell you, he was just as annoying back then as he is now," Percy said.

"Uh, I would hate for this to happen to me," Artemis said.

"Yeah, you would," Percy replied.

-

The next school day went quickly and Percy hung out with her new friend, Alicia Anderson.

"So, Connor and Megan, you know them?" Alicia asked.

"Yeah, we're pretty close," Percy said.

"They seem nice, Megan seems a little over enthusiastic and Connor, well, he's just the opposite," Alicia said.

"I know, it can be slightly annoying sometimes," Percy said.

"That I can understand," Alicia replied.

Today's Alicia's red hair was braided, while Percy's black hair was in a ponytail.

"Any hobbies or sports?" Percy asked.

"Yeah, I dance," Alicia said. "Ball sports have never appealed to me."

"Huh," Percy said.

"Do you do any sports?" Alicia asked.

"Yeah, I do some sword fighting and, uh, combat stuff," Percy said.

Alicia's brown eyes lit up in excitement, "Really! Do you think you could teach me or something, sword fighting and combat have always appealed to me, I think they're so cool."

"Sure, I guess?" Percy said.

"Just tell me where and when," Alicia said.

"There is this one place, (insert random place) it's great, it has all the materials we need, how about there on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00, pm of course," Percy said.

"Yes! That would be wonderful! Do we start tomorrow?" Alicia said.

"Sure," Percy said.

"Thank you," Alicia said.

"No problem."

-

After school Percy invited Alicia to come and hang out at the apartment. Alicia quickly accepted and they made their way to the apartment.

They walked into Percy's room and Percy was happy that she didn't have her daggers on the bed today.

"Welcome," Percy said dramatically.

"Why thank you," Alicia replied in the same dramatic tone.

"So, what do you want to do?" Alicia asked in a normal tone.

"I don't know, what about you?" Percy asked.

"How about we just talk, take turns asking questions?" Alicia suggested.

"Sure, why not?" Percy shrugged.

"So, who'll start?" Alicia asked.

"How about you?" Percy suggested.

"Okay, when did you start combat and sword fighting?" She asked.

"When I was twelve," Percy responded.

"Cool. Your turn."

"Uh, what do you think of superheroes?" Percy asked.

"I think they're cool, have you seen how good Wonder Woman and Riptide are with swords?" Alicia asked.

"Yeah, they're awesome. They're role models of mine," Percy said.

"Me too," Alicia said.

"Okay, my turn. What's the name of your best friend?" Alicia asked.

"Her name was Annabeth," Percy said.

"Was? Never mind, let's focus on the present, what about your best friend in the present," Alicia said.

"As it goes for girls I have three, Artemis, Megan and of course, you," Percy said.

"Aw, thanks, you're also a best friend of mine, now it's your turn, Percy," Alicia said.

"Uh, um, let's see here," Percy muttered.

"What do you think about music?" Percy asked.

"I love listening to music," Alicia said.

-

The rest of the day sped by in a flash. When Alicia finally had to go, Percy walked with her home, as she didn't live that far away, then she walked home.

Percy was tired, really tired so she, obviously, decided to get ready for bed. She put on her pajamas, brushed her teeth and such before turning off the lights and crawling into her warm bed. She fell into sweet dreams of what was to come. The sword and combat lessons with Alicia, the missions with the team, the missions she went on with Roy, patrolling the city with Diana and more. Not the finest thought about the death of the seven, or at least six of the seven, Octavian or any other horrible thing dared to disturb her blissful sleep.

Someway not that far away Alicia has also fallen asleep, dreaming of the lessons with Percy that were to come. It was a dream that would soon become reality. This whole day had seemed like a miracle sent from whatever god that was out there.

-

At the cave, Megan and Connor slept, both in their own bed. Percy had sent a message telling them why she wasn't at the cave. Megan thought that Alicia was a kind and nice person and Connor, well, he thought of her as he thought of most humans.

In Gotham, both Robin and Artemis slept, in their homes of course, also in blissful sleep. Dreaming of blissful and cute things, no dark thoughts.

In Atlantis, Kaldur slept a deep sleep. No dreams, not nightmares, touched his mind. Or was it that he just didn't remember them when he woke?

Morpheus smiled to himself as he let the heroes sleep a nice, blissful, nightmare free, sleep. It wasn't that they would need it, no, no big war was approaching. He just knew how tiering Octavian was, and the fact that he only now knew they'd met him two days ago, Well, they deserved their sleep, not just because of Octavian, but because they were heroes. Heroes who did the right thing, heroes who saved lives, heroes who... committed heroic acts of bravery.

What did you guys think of the chapter? I understand it was kinda slow, it was kinda a filler and a chapter to introduce Alicia (who I may or may not have based of off myself) properly.

Question of the chapter! What is your favorite book series? For me, I think it's the Percy Jackson series. Truth is when I started reading the Heroes of Olympus I skipped the Lost Hero because my library didn't have it available at the time and I didn't want to wait, so I just read the Son of Neptune. I read the Lost Hero later, so it's not like I completely skipped. Yeah, it was kind of stupid, maybe?