Chapter Twenty-Two

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

The rest of the week went smoothly. Percy could tell that Alicia was getting better at both sword fighting and combat, and everything was going great.

On Saturday morning she found herself at Roy's apartment. Roy had come over to her, asked her if she wanted to come over and she did.

"You really suck at archery," Roy said.

"Robin sent the video, didn't he?" Percy groaned.

"Yeah, I can't believe you are that bad! Didn't your camp teach archery?" Roy said.

"Yeah, but the archery teacher gave up on me," Percy said.

"I bet that I could at least reach you good enough archery so that you won't fire at those behind you," Roy said.

"Really?" Percy said, raising an eyebrow.

"Really," Roy said.

"You're welcome to try," Percy said, smirking.

"I still can't believe you're so bad at archery you disobeyed the laws of gravity," Roy said.

"Neither can I."

-

Apparently, Roy has a secret archery range far into the woods, Percy thought. It had shocked her- why in the woods? Why not in his 'secret base'?

Roy handed her a bow and a quiver of arrows. He also held his own bow and had his quiver slung over his shoulder.

Roy helped her put on the quiver and told her how you properly held the bow.

"Maybe, sometime, you can show me sword fighting," Roy said.

"Maybe," Percy replied.

Percy decided to further examine the area and got a strange feeling that someone was watching them, two people. She shifted on her feet, feeling slightly uncomfortable, but as soon as she felt Roy's hand on hers, showing her how to hold an arrow the feeling disappeared.

"Now, just watch me," Roy said.

He notched an arrow on his bow, drew the bow (is that what you say?) narrowed his eyes at the target and fired. The arrow flew through the air and hit the target. Bullseye.

"See, not too hard?" Roy teased.

"For you, maybe," Percy said.

Roy chuckled.

Percy picked up an arrow from her quiver, holding it like Roy told her too, and notched it onto the bow and took a deep breath.

Good job so far, cuz, a voice said in her head.

She dropped the arrow and bow and jumped in surprise.

"Seph, are you okay?" He said, rushing towards her.

"Yeah, I'm completely fine."

"What happened?" Roy asked.

"Godly cousin decided to say hi," Percy said.

Roy couldn't help laugh.

"Okay, it was hilarious though. You were standing there, super serious and focused, then suddenly you jumped into the air, dropping everything, your eyes even shot open!" Roy said, laughing.

"That must've looked weird," she said.

"It did."

She picked up the bow and the arrow and got back in her previous position.

If you're going to respond, Apollo, anytime now would be good, she thought, knowing he could hear it.

Roy was right. It was outright hilarious!

Whatever.

She took a deep breath.

"Roy, if I were you, I would step even further back," Percy said.

Roy took her advice and climbed up a tree.

"That work too," she muttered.

Right before she was going to fire the arrow, Apollo decided to speak up again.

You just need to relax. Calm your breathing.

Percy took his advice and calmed down her breathing and relaxed slightly. She then fired. The arrow ended up in the tree that Roy was sitting on.

"Happy you climbed up there?" Percy asked, seeing that the arrow had hit where Roy was previously standing.

"You bet I am!"

Try again. Practice makes perfection, Apollo said.

You know I will never even be near perfect at archery, Percy responded.

Hey, I could make a haiku abou-

No, just don't.

"I'm going for a second try!" She yelled up to Roy.

"Good! Don't give up!" He yelled back.

She notched another arrow onto the bow and took a deep breath. She fired the arrow and this time it just shot straight up.

"Percy! You have to move!" Roy yelled, not wanting the arrow to return and strike her head.

Percy nodded and ran to tree where Roy was sitting. She watched as the arrow fell down and struck the place where she had currently been standing.

Oof. Close one.

It was not close! I had a lot of time to run away.

Percy walked back, retrieved the arrow from the ground, notched it onto the bow and fired once again.

-

After many, like a lot, of tries, Percy finally managed to get the arrow to go straight. It didn't go up, it didn't go behind her, it went straight ahead. It didn't hit the target, but it did a tree behind it.

"I told you I could do it!" Roy yelled in victory.

"I guess you could!"

Good job, cuz, you actually did it, Apollo said before leaving.

"Try one last time!" Roy yelled.

"Okay!" Percy yelled and got ready.

She drew an arrow, notched it onto to the bow, and took a deep breath. When she fired the arrow and it struck a bush beside one of the targets.

She heard a muffled shriek from the bush.

"Shh, Aphrodite. They'll catch us if we make to much noise," someone whispered.

Percy narrowed her eyes at the bush. Aphrodite? It couldn't be the actual goddess and someone else, right?

"Oh no, they've caught us, Hermes," a female voice said.

Wait, could it actually be Aphrodite and Hermes be there? Percy thought.

She then saw to figures get out of the bush, glance around and then running away.

The male has salt-and-pepper, curly black hair and blue eyes. He wore jogging clothes and had a phone in his hands. The woman had red hair and blue eyes and was wearing a red shirt along with a black skirt.

Yeah, that's Aphrodite and Hermes, Percy thought.

"I regret nothing!" Hermes yelled as they ran away.

"Neither do I!" Aphrodite replied.

When they had disappeared Roy turned to Percy and asked, "What just happened?"