Chapter Eighteen

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

Percy was usually one for waking up slowly, but when you have an alarm screaming at you it doesn't matter what you prefer, you wake quickly. She groaned, not looking forward to school, but then she remembered how today was Tuesdays, she'd start teaching Alicia combat and sword fighting today! She got up quickly, put on some clothes, threw her raven black hair into a ponytail. She walked to the kitchen and got some breakfast. After she'd eaten she walked to the bathroom and walked into the bathroom. She brushed her teeth like she did every day. She then walked to the hall, threw on her jacket, backpack, and put on a pair of combat boots. She yelled out a rushed goodbye to Diana before she left.

-

She arrived at school slightly early. Knew I was rushing, she thought. She waited for class to start when Alicia walked up to her, a huge smile planted on her face. Her brown eyes shined in excitement.

"Hey Percy," She said.

"Sup Alicia," Percy said.

"I am so excited!" She squealed.

"You're not the only one," Percy replied.

Then the door of the classroom opened and they walked inside, taking their places. Percy and Alicia sat beside each other in most classes, because the seating in the different classes was either the same or very similar.

"Hello, Percy! Hello, Alicia!" Megan greeted, as she and Connor didn't sit very far away from them.

"Hello Megan," Percy said.

"Hi Megan," Alicia said.

Then class begun as their teacher walked in.

-

"I'll see you at six then," Percy said before she walked home.

"Yeah, you sure will," Alicia said.

They both walked their different ways, to their homes. On the way home Percy thought about what she was going to teach Alicia, she would have to make a plan or something when she got home, or she could just wing it. Let's just wing it, she thought and decided.

When she arrived at the apartment she headed to her room. No one, expect her, was home since Diana was at work. She got to working on her English essay, the one about North and South Rhelasia. She had her pencil and paper in front of her and begun writing. She used all that she'd learned about the two countries in class, she wasn't as stupid as others believed. After all, she got kicked out of all those schools because she did something bad, not because of her grades. Her ADHD and dyslexia were something that she'd gained more control of the longer she had it. (I do not know if this is true, just roll with it.) She wrote and wrote, and her pencil just flowed over the paper.

-

It was 5:50 and Percy was on her way to the GC (Gym of Combat, why they'd named it that, she didn't know why, but the name was certainly accurate). When the clock struck 6:00, she'd found an empty room or whatever you called it. The room known as C-8 had all the equipment they needed. At 6:00 Alicia showed up in gym clothes, thankfully.

"Hey Alicia," Percy said.

"Hey Percy," she responded.

"What do you want to stay with and how long do you want to spend on each, I've rented this room, or whatever you call it for 2 hours, and I'll tell you which room I've rented on the morning and school hours before if that makes any sense."

"It makes sense, for me anyway. How about we spend an hour on each?" Alicia suggested.

"Sure, which do you want to start with?" Percy asked.

"Sword fighting," Alicia said.

"Okay! First, we start with running a few laps," Percy said and so they did.

"Now, we want you to find your sword size and fit and whatnot, we start with the practice swords, they're made out of some material, I don't know its name, but it's for beginners, training, and that stuff. Later, we may go onto actual swords, but that's like when you're really sure of your skill."

Alicia nodded.

"Then follow me," Percy said as she walked to the swords.

"Right or left-handed?" She asked.

"Right," Alicia responded.

Percy then proceeded to measure different parts of Alicia's arm. Percy then wrote the measurements down.

"Let's see here," Percy mumbled.

Percy then picked up a sword and gave it to Alicia.

"How does it feel?"

-

After 10 minutes they finally found the right sword. Percy picked up her own sword and tossed it lightly, catching it easily.

"Okay, now for positions. You want to try to copy me," Percy said as she got into position.

When Alicia has tried her best to recreate the position, which was actually pretty good, Percy walked over helped her. When the position was right Percy said, "There you go!"

"Now, when you want to swing the sword..."

-

After the hour of sword fighting, or at least learning the basics, Alicia was sweating and tired, but it was of oh, so worth it.

"Are you ready for combat?" Percy asked.

"You bet I am," Alicia replied.

"You're not too tired.." Percy teased.

"Not a chance," Alicia replied.

"Okay, let's work on punches first," Percy said as she got a pair of hand mitts.

"You want to keep the wrist straight, or you could harm it. You want the fist to punch the mitt that is diagonally from it. Wait, that doesn't make sense. Just... right fist punches left mitt and visa versa, okay?" Percy said.

"Okay," Alicia said.

"Now, punch," Percy said.

Alicia punched, at the beginnings was sloppy, but with Percy's help it only got better and evolved into strong, determined punches.

"Good job!" Percy said as she punched.

They moved onto kicks. Percy showed her different types of basic kicks and she practiced them. Ones directed at the stomach and chest, and ones directed to the side. On some, the whole body twisted, while others only the legs moved. She also learned how to knew someone in the stomach and it was easier than she thought. Grab their shoulders, make sure you're close enough to them, make them lean in towards you a little and then quickly bring up the knee. After the whole lesson, Alicia was drenched in sweat and her muscles were so tired, more than they would be after two hours of dancing.

Question of the chapter!

What do you guys want to see happen in the next few chapters, or later in the story? And what do you guys think about Alicia?