Chapter Nineteen

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

Now it was Wednesday, school had finished some time ago and Alicia and Percy sat on Percy's bed, in her room. They were chatting about small things. Percy fiddled with her thumbs to keep her ADHD in check.

"Do you like reading?" Alicia asked.

"No, not really. It's hard with dyslexia," Percy said.

"You have dyslexia? Isn't that when you can't read because the letters don't scramble up or something?" Alicia said.

"Yeah, it is."

"I feel so bad for you, you can't really read, and I, personally, think reading is super fun and relaxing, and whatnot."

"Okay-"

Percy was cut off by someone knocking on the door. Percy stood up and walked out of her room to the door. She opened it and there Roy stood.

"Red?" She asked with a bright smile.

"Yeah, may I come inside, Seph?" He asked.

"Sure, just so you know I have a friend over, I think she'd like to meet you though," Percy said.

"Okay.." Roy trailed off.

Roy then stepped inside, took his jacket and shoes off and followed Percy into her room.

"Hey Alicia, I want you to meet Roy, my boyfriend. Roy, this is Alicia, one of my best friends," Percy introduced.

"Hi," Roy said.

"Hello," Alicia said, her eyes narrowing. "If you do anything bad to Percy, I will personally hunt you down, just so you know."

"Uh- Okay," Roy said.

"Good," Alicia said.

-

The day after, Thursday, Percy and Alicia met up again for the Thursday lesson. This time they practiced last Tuesday's moves and learned some more, in both sword fighting and combat. Percy could already see that Alicia was a natural.

"So, you and Roy, how did you two meet?" Alicia asked as she punched the mitts.

"Well, actually my cousin, Diana, introduced us," Percy said.

"That's interesting," Alicia said.

"Alicia, chill. He's not a bad person," Percy said.

"Sorry, I just... he kinda seemed like a jerky jock, appearance wise," Alicia said.

"Don't worry, he's not."

"Okay."

-

Then Friday came as a blissful breeze, soft and warm. Percy had to admit, school was a bit better with Alicia and much better than it would've been without her. Octavians words still bagged at her mind. I'm going to get him for that, she thought. His words were like knives, not dull knives, sharp ones. He probably doesn't know how to sharpen a knife, but you don't really have to, physically, sharpen words, she thought.

She gained focus again as Alicia started poking her arm, realizing that Percy'd zoned out.

'Thank you' she mouthed at Alicia.

'No problem' Alicia mouthed back.

They then focused on the lesson. Megan and Connor sat in front of them as, almost, always. Percy could tell they were having a telepathic conversation. How? She just could. Maybe it's the aftermath of having partaken in a telepathic conversation. After only 15 minutes her thoughts started to drift again. How's Blackjack doing? What about Mrs. O'Leary? When's the next time Octavian will appear? How's Roy doing? The thoughts swam around her mind. Then once again Alicia poked her arm and the puddle that her thoughts swam in evaporated.

-

After school on Friday, she went to the mountain along with Megan and Connor, but not before saying goodbye to Alicia.

When they arrived at the mountain Kaldur was waiting for them. Sometime later Artemis and Robin came. Artemis and Megan approach Percy and asked, "We're having a 'girls night' tonight, sleepover too, tonight in Artemis' room, please come."

"Sure, why not?" Percy said.

Megan squealed and Percy high fived Artemis.

"Yay!"

-

Then, at 6:00 pm, the girls walked to Artemis' room with their pajamas. Artemis lead and Percy and Megan followed. When Artemis unlocked the door they walked into the room. Artemis locked the door after them so none of the boys got in. They then, one by one, went to the bathroom and changed into their pajamas.

Artemis wore a green shirt with a black bow and arrow along with a pair of green pajama shorts. Percy wore a black shirt with a sea-green trident and a pair of sea-green shorts. Megan wore a light pink shirt along with a pink pair of shorts.

"You go to Gotham Academy, right?" Percy asked Artemis.

"Yeah, and you and Megan go to Happy Harbor High, right?" Artemis replied.

"Yeah, and Megan cheerleads."

"You do? That's cool," Artemis said.

Megan blushed.

"I hope we won't be meeting Octavian anytime soon," Artemis said, changing the subject.

"With my luck that won't be happening," Percy said.

"You? Bad luck?" Artemis said.

"Yeah," Percy chuckled. "You bet."

"Artemis, you interested in anyone?" Percy said.

"Romantically?" Artemis said.

"No, not really."

"Are you sure?" Megan asked.

"Okay, Wally can be kinda cute... but, he's too annoying," Artemis replied.

"I called it! I ship it!" Percy yelled.

"What? No! It's not- just no!" Artemis said.

Percy just raised an eyebrow.

"Ugh!" Artemis groaned.

"You and Wally would be cute," Megan said.

"No! Just no."

"Yes! Just yes!"

"Well, anyway, how's school?" Artemis asked.

"It's good, I've made a really good friend, Alicia."

"They spend a lot of time together," Megan added.

"She met Roy yesterday... she threatened him."

"I like this girl already!" Artemis said.

The girls started laughing.

"Hello, Megan! We should watch a movie!" Megan suggested.

"Yes, we should," Percy agreed.

After browsing for a while they decided on a movie, a superhero movie. Artemis put it on and they watched. They sat on the bed, and watched with interest, making comments every now and then (mostly Percy and Artemis).

They watched several movies made by the same company until they were all asleep. The tv had turned off on its own, somehow. The three girls lay there, covered by Artemis' forest green sheets.

The forest-like feeling of the room lead to nature related dreams. Percy dreamt of going on a camping trip with the team, Artemis dreamt of archery in the woods and Megan dreamt of a class field trip to the woods, camping or something, like in the earth movies she'd watched on Mars.