Chapter Nine

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

When Percy woke up in the morning she first went through her daily routine. Shower, brush her hair and put clothes on. She then went to the dining room, made herself a sandwich and sat down at the table. Only a few minutes later, when Percy was on her second sandwich, Diana came.

"Anything special happening?" Diana asked and Percy told her about the mission that she was going to go on with Roy.

"You do know of the stealth option on your suit, right?" Diana asked.

"What?" Percy responded.

"If you press the star on your diadem (let's just call it that)," Diana said.

"Uh, okay."

Percy pressed on the star and the colors of her suit completely changed.

The green parts became a much darker green and the golden parts became silvery gray. (If you don't remember the original suit you can go to chapter two, you'll find a picture of it there).

She held the suit in her hands and examined all the details. Then she proceeded to pack it in her bag. She also packed some daggers and, of course, Riptide. When she was happy with what she'd packed she closed the bag and picked it up. She walked to her room and put it back on the floor. She sat down on the bed and waited eagerly for 12:30 to come. It did take 30 minutes to get to Roy apartment and no way was she going to be late.

10:30.

Two hours to go.

11:00

One hour and thirty minutes.

12:00

Thirty minutes.

Percy decided to get ready, prepare everything. She checked through her packing. She had everything she needed.

Fifteen minutes left.

She walked to the front door and put on her shoes. It was August, she wouldn't need a jacket.

Ten minutes.

She waited.

Five minutes.

More waiting.

One minute.

She left.

Percy opened the door and walked down the apartment building, racing down the stairs. She opened the last door and walked out. She walked to Roys apartment. She passed the park where they had met up yesterday and proceeded to walk to his apartment. When she'd finally arrived in front of his door she knocked.

"Percy," he greeted and let her in.

"I am on time right?" Percy said.

"Yeah, right on time," Roy assured.

Percy grinned and Roy returned it with a smaller grin.

"So, do you want to train or..." Roy trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sure, then we could talk or something," Percy said.

Roy lead her to some secret base. 'Perks of living on the lowest floor' he had said. They walked into the base and Percy saw the computer system and training area.

"Um, you can use that bathroom over there to change into your suit," Roy said and pointed to one of the bathrooms.

"Okay," Percy said and walked into the bathroom with her bag.

She locked the door and proceeded to change.

When she was finished changing she took out Riptide and her daggers and attached them to her costume. Her sword was sheathed behind her back and her daggers where sheathed as well, but they were attached to her arms. One on the left arm and one on the right arm, the upper parts of the arms.

She then put her clothes, the ones she was wearing earlier, and put them in her bag. She then unlocked and opened the bathroom door. She stepped out and saw Roy waiting for her.

"I've heard your suit was more colorful, Percy," Roy said, teasing her.

"Oh, it's, y'know, stealth mode," Percy responded.

"Have you ever tried archery?" Roy asked her.

"Oh yeah, I have. I hit the target behind me while aiming for the one in front of me. I suck."

They both laughed.

"Hand to hand combat?" Roy asked.

"Sure," Percy said and de-attached her daggers and sword.

A minute later they were sparing inside the training ring.

They exchanged punches and kicks for a while, only to find themselves evenly matched, but they kept sparring.

Roy threw a kick and Percy caught it and tried to twist him, making him fall to the ground, but Roy was able to escape before she had the chance. They continued to circle each other. Percy lunged at Roy and managed to pull him down. They were wrestling, twisting, throwing punches and other things.

"Ow, what was that?" Roy said.

"I don't know, it just fell from the ceiling," Percy said.

"It fell on me?"

"No, it fell beside you and I lightly threw it at you."

-

After three hours of sparring, they changed out of their suits and into normal clothes. They walked up to the apartment and ate lunch. They chatted and talked while enjoying their food.

"So, after rescuing her, how are we going to keep her safe?" Percy asked.

"We will go to the Young Justice team, your team, and ask them, you could always tell them that you're out for the week, doing stuff with Diana, like patrol."

"Good idea," Percy said.

-

The time had come. They had gotten off the boat and were on Infinity Island and it was 23:49. They quickly and silently made their way over something bridge-like. Red Arrow fires some type of arrow at one of the guys out on patrol. Electricity crackled and he fell to the ground. Riptide used her water powers to move him to a different location, so he would be completely out of the way. Red Arrow fired an arrow with a secure line, so he could walk up the wall. When Red Arrow was up, Riptide climbed.

They dashed through the area, undetected. Red Arrow hacked the security cameras with the cool arrows of his as they continued their way through the place. Red Arrow fires another electric arrow at one of the guys on patrol and Riptide moved him out of the way, as she had done with the others.

When they were in front of the door that lead to Dr. Roquette, Red Arrow banked on it and kicked it down. He walked in and was followed by Riptide. She took down the 'goons' while Red Arrow tried to help Dr. Roquette.

She had successfully knocked out all the goons when Red Arrow told her to follow them. As they rode down the zip line she went down a zip line of her own, constructed of water.

As the doctor and Red Arrow got on the boat, Riptide got into the water. While Dr. Roquette rose in the boat, Riptide swam under them, as she could breathe underwater. There had only been so many places on the boat, and honestly, Riptide liked swimming more.

What do you guys think? I know Percy could've done more, but I didn't want to change it from the original scene too much. What do you think about Percy x Roy?