Chapter Seven

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

After they had escaped the 'Bowl of Doom' (Wally's words, not hers) Megan called on the Bio-ship and they made their way back to Mt. Justice. During the ride to Mt. Justice Riptide sat in silence, thinking.

She could hear the others around her chatting. Robin and Wally, Megan and Superboy. Artemis also seemed to be thinking and Riptide wondered what she was thinking of. Artemis may also be wondering what she was thinking about, Riptide realized.

Then Artemis opened her mouth and asked Riptide, "How did you know that weirdo that tried to sacrifice us. Must be some crazy cult business."

"Actually, I knew him because I was a part of that 'cult' but, no ones ever decided to sacrifice someone, we only sacrifice food for the gods," Riptide answered.

"Oh, so you've been involved in cult business?"

"Yeah, it was all my father's fault, he's like one of the founders of the cult. There are 14 major founders, 12 of them are a part of a council, and there are some minor founders as well. Everyone who is involved in the cult are descended from the founders, except for a few. The founders think of themselves as all-powerful, for they, for some reason, can't die and have powers which their children and descendants get. At least on a minor scale. The cult was located at two separate places, two camps, where we lived and trained. The weirdo, as you called him, is Octavian."

"Oh, wow, that's crazy. What type of things did you learn, battle wise?"

"Archery, which I suck at, sword fighting, using daggers and other weapons among other things."

"That's pretty cool."

-

When they'd arrived at the cave they decided to play a game of Never Have I Ever.

Those who had played the game before explained it to those who haven't and they sat down in a circle. Artemis sat beside Riptide, on her right side, and Megan sat on Riptides other side. On Artemis' other side Kaldur sat. On Kaldur's right side Robin sat, and to Robin's right, Superboy sat. On Superboy's right, Wally sat, completing the circle as he also sat beside Megan.

"Let's go clockwise and we'll begin with the person who's name's first letter is at the beginning of the alphabet. I'll just say my name begins with P." Riptide said.

"Oh, so is your name, Philippa, maybe?" Megan asked.

"No, my name isn't as common."

"Well, we will begin with Artemis," Kaldur said.

"Okay, uh, never have I ever ... tried to eat grass," Artemis said.

Wally was the only one who raised his hand, signaling that he had, indeed, tried to eat grass.

"Never have I ever gotten stitches," Megan said and the majority of the group raised their hands, it was all in their line of work.

"Never have I ever gone vegan," Kaldur said.

No one raised their hands.

The game continued and the most interesting stories were told.

-

(The next day)

Riptide woke up covered in sweat, for a while she'd been able to stop screaming at night, but she still woke up in cold sweat. What had happened during the Second Giant War was nothing she could forget. She missed all of her friends so much, life just wasn't the same without them. She stood up and walked to the bathroom. She took off her pajamas and took a shower. The water was refreshing and she was finally able to relax. She looked at all of her scars and thought about how they had come to be. Burns came from fires and explosions, white lines in all types of shapes came from swords, daggers, arrows, and sharp, dangerous weapons. She sighed and tore her eyes away from the permanent marks, and reminders of what she'd lost- who she'd lost.

She stepped out of the shower, took a towel, dried off her body and then dried her hair. She then brushed her hair, wrapped the towel around her body and walked out to her room. She grabbed some clothes and locked the door so no one would come in while she was changing. She let the towel fall to the ground and she put on her clothes, a pair of navy blue jeans and a black hoodie that said had a trident in a sea green color on it. She put on some slippers, took care of the towel and unlocked the door. She stepped out of her room and walked to the kitchen and found that no one was there. Huh, they must be doing something else, Riptide thought. She proceeds to make breakfast for herself and the others that lived in the mountain. When she was finished she set the breakfast on the counter and spoke through a mind link Megan, Connor and her shared so they could tell each other when it was time to wake up, when breakfast was ready and such,

Guys, breakfast is ready, she said.

A minute later Megan was beside her and they waited for Superboy to join them. Then Superboy came and greeted them with a grunt, before sitting down. They all started eating, not before Riptide had sacrificed some food to the gods. They chatted- or Riptide and Megan did- as they ate. Soon the food was all gone and Megan put the dishes in the dishwasher. It was a daily routine now, Riptide, Superboy or Megan made breakfast, they took turns and one of them put the dishes in the dishwasher. Tomorrow it would be Superboy turn to cook breakfast and Riptides turn to put the dishes in the dishwasher. Then after that, they would train, at least a little. Then, if they could, the rest of the team would come.

Riptide wondered when Kaldur would find out who she was, her secret identity. Secret identity, why did she keep it from her team as well? She wanted them to trust her and keeping her identity away from them wasn't really helping. She then decided after Kaldur found out her identity she'd tell the rest of the team. She could tell Kaldur was closing in on her identity and she wondered how he would react to her identity, as he was Atlantan, it had also seemed like he idolized her, Percy Jackson.

So, you guys, thank you all so much for 2.5 thousand reads and 75 votes! You're all ama-Zhang. Now I have a few questions for you guys. Should I give Riptide a romantic interest? If so, who? Then, how do you want Kaldur to find out about her identity? Any ideas on his reaction? That's all and thank you all so much for reading, voting and commenting! Oh, the comments. Thank you sooo much to those who've told me how good and amazing my story is! It truly warms my heart!