Broken

Six years ago~

Third Person POV

"Bun?" A knock sounded on the door, but there was no answer. "Bun, you've been in there for awhile, please open the door."

Taehyung began to grow more and more worried when there was still no response from the other side. He reached to open the door, but it was locked.

"Bun, if you don't open this door, I'm going to break it down." Still there was no response.

An ugly feeling settled in the pit of his stomach and he rushed away from the door. "Fuck. Where are you!?" Taehyung said in a panic, searching through his cupboards. He finally found what he was looking for and rushed back to the bathroom door.

He dug the screw driver into the lock and jiggled it around until it opened. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Taehyung had no clue how to open a locked door.

So he did the next best thing. He rushed at the door, breaking the flimsy lock and entering the bathroom.

"Bun!?" He screamed out, his eyes widening in horror.

There lay his baby bun.

In a pool of his own blood.

Present~

"Tae..." Jungkook said in shock. Taehyung looked down, avoiding eye contact with the man. The room plunged into a very uncomfortable silence.

Jungkook was simply staring at Taehyung. Reveling in his beauty. In the love he still had for the elder.

Taehyung was standing there staring at the floor. Thinking about how much he still loved the younger as well. But the younger wouldn't want him. He was dirty. Filthy. Used. Who'd want to touch someone like him?

Jin cleared his throat, drawing attention to him. "Jungkook, why are you here?"

"I wanted to speak with Taehyung."

"I'm still attending to him. I will come and talk to you once I am done assessing him."

"May I just speak to him for a bit?"

"Taehyung?" Jin asked gently, turning to the boy. "Would you like to talk to Jungkook?"

Taehyung bit his bottom lip, thinking about it. Was Jungkook going to reject him? Tell him that he was disgusting?

Of course he would. Because that's what Taehyung was, after all.

He decided that it would be better to hear it now, rather than later. The longer he stayed here the more his hopes would elevate.

The more it would hurt when Jungkook told him how disgusting and filthy he was.

He nodded slowly, closing his eyes and steeling himself for the approaching storm of harsh words.

Jin pressed his lips into a thin line, narrowing his eyes at Jungkook. He nodded and walked towards the door, but before he did, he stopped by Jungkook and whispered softly into his ear, "Don't say anything harsh to him."

Jungkook nodded and Jin left, shutting the door firmly behind him. The room plunged into another uncomfortable silence.

Jungkook took in a deep breath and walked slowly towards Taehyung.  His heart wrenched when the beauty flinched as he outstretched his arms.

But Jungkook continued, pulling the man into a tight embrace. "I am so sorry." He breathed out.

Taehyung froze. He was in shock. Of all the things he expected...this was definitely the last on his list.

His body began to tremble and uncontrollable waterworks began. He sobbed, pressing his face into Jungkook's chest, taking a small comfort in the warmth of the younger.

Jungkook stood there, slightly rocking his body back and forth, just holding Taehyung. He hesitantly brought his hand up and caressed the elder's hair.

Taehyung continued to sob, years of abuse and silence bubbling to the top of his mind.

Pain.

Sorrow.

A feeling of crushed hopelessness. Shattered dreams. Broken hearts.

The two stood there for a long time, not uttering a word. After awhile, Taehyung had no more tears to shed.

Jungkook pulled away slightly, and smiled sadly down at the elder. "Hey..." He began.

"Hi..." Taehyung replied breathlessly. Jungkook grinned now, pulling the boy in for another hug.

"I missed you."

"I...missed you, too." This time, it was Taehyung who pulled away. "I-I'm so sorry, Kookie!" He suddenly cried out, finding himself crying again.

He fell to his knees, covering his face with his hands. "I'm so so sorry." He kept repeating over and over. Jungkook launched himself forward, once again wrapping his arms around Taehyung.

"Shhhh...." He whispered. "There's nothing to be sorry for. It wasn't your fault. I should be the one apologizing."

"I-I left you! And-and slept with another man! I'm filthy! Dirty! I'm so sorry." He sobbed out.

Jungkook's insides curled at the harsh words Taehyung threw on himself. He gripped the man's face and forced him to look at him in the eyes.

"Do not say that about yourself, Tae. You are perfect in everyway possible and I could never think of you as anything less. I love you."

Taehyung was once again frozen in shock. His eyes stared up at Jungkook, wide with surprise.

Jungkook couldn't help himself. He leaned forward and attached his lips to Taehyung's.

Tae responded immediately, feeling at home in the comfort of his lover's arms.

His mind was completely devoid of all negative things in those moments. It was just him and Jungkook.

________________________

Yeet