Protect

“Soyeon…” the woman shook her head, tears running down her face.

“Is this what you wanted? To boast? To throw it in my face that you’ve won?” The woman let out a low laugh. “Well guess what? You did! You’ve won!” She threw her head back and laughed, her eyes wide and cruel. “And what do I get!? SOME FUCKING OLD MAN!” She screamed.

Taehyung looked at the woman with pity. He knew he should not have, for pity was the worst look anyone could ever give someone who was going through something, but Taehyung couldn’t help himself as he gazed upon the woman.

Jungkook had sent out trackers, and now before them were two woman. Soyeon…

And someone Taehyung refused to look at.

“You’re lucky I haven’t killed you yet, you lying, b—“

“Jungkook.” Taehyung snapped, turning to the man. Jungkook snapped his mouth shut and sighed, eventually just settling for glaring at the woman. Soyeon bowed her head as if ashamed, but she should be.

She almost killed Taehyung and tried to steal their love away from them for her own gain.

“Soyeon…” Taehyung whispered. “Why did you not ask us for help? We would have helped you.”

“And receive your pity?” The woman scoffed, shaking her head. “No. Just kill me now, I’m better off that way.”

“Gladly.”

“Jeon Jungkook!” Taehyung shouted, smacking the man on the shoulder. They glared at each other for a long time, before Jungkook sighed and looked away.

“We’re not going to kill you. You’re still Jungkook’s friend, even if he says that you are not. And I will forever be grateful for all that you have done for Jungkook, even if some of them were to scheme against me…” Taehyung waved his hand off, eventually sighing. “Which is why we’re sending you to America.”

Soyeon’s head snapped up, and she gazed, wide eyed at Taehyung. “W-What—“

“I have arranged for you to inherit a large company in America, one where you’ll have the power and money to stand up to your father and refuse any arranged marriage he throws at you.” Soyeon felt herself crying again, but for a whole different reason.

“B-But...I tried to kill you.”

“I know. But I also know that you were desperate. And I have forgiven you.” Taehyung smiled softly at her, but then frowned. “But I’m also a bit of a jealous bitch, so I’m only going to say this once. Never step foot in Korea again, or contact anyone that has ties to either I or Jungkook, or I’ll let Jungkook have free reign to do whatever the fuck he wants to you, and I’m pretty sure everything floating through his mind right now is everything you won’t like one bit.”

Soyeon nodded quickly.

Taehyung released a shaky breath as the woman was dragged away. Jungkook and him had fought a lot about it, but Taehyung didn’t like killing, he didn’t want it.

Even with the woman who made him cut his own wrists.

But now the most challenging part of this discussion was here.

Slowly, ever so slowly, Taehyung turned to the other woman, kneeling on the floor. “Mistress…” he whispered.

The woman gazed up at him, her face blank, holding so much power still, even in the position that she was in. Taehyung released a shaky breath, taking one step towards her.

Then two.

“You don’t have to address me as that, you know. You no longer belong to me.”

“It was the only thing I ever knew you by, and it is the only thing I will call you now.” Taehyung said quietly, surprised by how calm he could sound. He stood right in front of the woman, his knees shaking ever so slightly.

He never thought he’d see her again.

“So? Now what? You’ve shown my sister kindness, but will you extend the same to me? I tortured you and kept you in the auction, sold you off and let you stay in a home where you endured hundreds of abuses. So will you kill me, Taehyung?”

Taehyung shivered at the sound of his name coming from her tongue. He closed his eyes briefly, claiming himself, before finally opening them once more. “Thank you…” Taehyung finally whispered. The woman’s eyes widened ever so slightly, the first real expression or any form of shock he’d ever seen on her face. “I told myself that if I ever saw you again, the first thing I would do was thank you.” He whispered. “A little messed up, I know, but really, you did nothing but prepare me for what was to come for five years of my life. If I had gone in there blind, I would be dead right now. You re the only reason I am alive, the only reason I can be with the man I love. So for that...thank you.”

The woman took everything in, not really believing that he would actually thank her. “That being said.” Taehyung finally managed. “You do horrible things, I know that. But I don’t want to kill you, I’ve never wanted to kill anybody, and I never will, I promise. I hate death, I hate being cruel to other people and I will never stoop that low. So yes, I will extend my kindness as you say, to you as well. But it will come with a price.”

“What are you suggesting?” The woman finally managed.

“I know that you have worked for the underground for years. So we will send you to America with your sister, and you will spend the rest of your days saving those who are trafficked for pleasure and giving them homes, giving them new chances at life. And you will never return to your old job, never return here, otherwise I will not stop Jungkook if he is ever to find out.”

The woman nodded slowly. “Furthermore, we will be sending one of Jungkook’s representatives with you for the first few years, to ensure that you are carrying out these tasks. If there is ever word that you have started working for the underground again and training boys and girls to be sex slaves...then I will forget the promise I have just made and kill you myself.”

Taehyung stood up straight once more, feeling a new sense of confidence wash over him as he walked back towards Jungkook. “Goodbye...mistress.”

-

“I’m so proud of you.” Jungkook kissed the crown of Taehyung's head, whispering words of praise every so often into his ear.

“You are…?”

“Yes. So fucking proud for being so strong.”

“I don’t feel strong sometimes.”

“Which is why I’m always here for you. To hold you, to comfort you, to love you...to protect you.” Jungkook smiled down at Taehyung, nothing but love in his eyes. “I’ll always protect you, love.”

Taehyung smiled and leaned up, stealing another kiss. “And I’ll always protect you, bun.”

Fin.