The Next Step

“Taehyung.” The man smiled sheepishly and sat in the chair across from Dr. Woo.

He expressed a quiet greeting before looking down at his hands. “You’ve improved a lot, I see. How is your eating?”

“Jin Hyung is making sure that I am in good health.” Taehyung said, giving a small smile. “I can eat three meals a day now. Although I still can’t have much.”

“But there is progress.” Woo said, smiling brightly. “And that is what matters.” Taehyung nodded, playing with his hands a bit.

Six months.

That is how long Taehyung had been staying with Jungkook, seeing Woo and recovering.

Taehyung was slowly, oh so slowly...improving. He was becoming better, and with the help of Woo and the support Jungkook and the others gave him, he was feeling better about everything.

Of course, there were still those days, but Woo had assured him that that was normal. He wouldn’t get better right away, and some days there would be steps taken back, but as long as he improved overall, then he was improving.

“So, tell me, Taehyung. How are you and Jungkook?” Taehyung bit his bottom lip.

“G-Good.”

“Just good?”

“Well...Jungkook seems to be more...hesitant.” Taehyung admitted. “H-he would kiss me before...hold me...now all I am is a doll that can be broken at anytime for him...he’s hesitant to even give me a hug.”

“Have you expressed this to him?”

Taehyung shook his head.

“And why is that?”

Taehyung paused. He didn’t have an answer to that. He didn’t know. Maybe it was just the underlying fear still imbedded into him to obey and never question someone more dominant. And Jungkook, for as loving and caring and gentle and careful he was...was more dominant, he ruled—

Taehyung shook his head of the thoughts.

“Taehyung?” Woo asked, tilting his head in concern. Taehyung shook his head once again, blinking rapidly. “Taehyung, talk to me.”

“I-I guess..I guess I can’t stop thinking that I can’t question anything. Jungkook is...Jungkook is my dominant, my master, to my mind. I know that it is wrong, I know that it doesn’t not work like that, that I no longer live like that, but…”

“Your body tells you otherwise. You obey what you know, and what you know is to submit and say nothing, even when you need to, because that is what you have been taught, what you have been living. The fear of what will happen if you were to disobey...the punishment you would receive.” Woo explained, nodding his head as he spoke.

Taehyung bit his lip and nodded hesitantly with him, agreeing. “I-I Just…”

“Have you gone past kissing, hugging? Perhaps engaged in intercourse at all?” Taehyung’s eyes widened, and he shook his head.

“J-Jungkook would never—“

“Perhaps I phrased that wrong. Are you ready for something like that?”

“D-Do you think I am?”

“I cannot answer that question for you.”

“B-But if you were to…”

“I cannot place myself in your shoes, Taehyung. That is often how I am able to sympathize with people, but never in my life will I ever be able to put myself in the kinds of shoes you bare. However, I will say this...I do believe that you are ready. But I cannot tell you that, you must tell yourself that.”

“I…”

“You were a sex slave, no? Abused and used for sexual needs and trained to be the perfect slave. I believe that if you were...to become more intimate with Jungkook, talk to him and experience something new with him, such as this, then perhaps it would...teach you another way. From my knowledge, you and Jungkook, when you dated, you were...the more dominant of the relationship. You never experienced any kind of...submissive nature when you were with Jungkook, you never learned anything of it while in a relationship with him.

“I am not saying that that is a bad thing, however, you learned to be submissive with more...barbaric measures. You were seasoned and conditioned and you have never experienced it in any other way. I believe that it can show you something new...another way. I also believe that it will help to strengthen your and Jungkook’s bond.” Taehyung looked down and took in Woo’s words, nodding slowly.

“So...what do you suggest?”

“I suggest you talk with Jungkook about becoming more intimate, taking the next step in your relationship. But suggest you also talk about trust and perhaps everything your feeling. Be open with him. And if you can’t be open with him or trust him...then you aren’t ready.”

Taehyung paused, looking up at Mr. Woo. He blinked slowly, before nodding. “Thank you, Doctor.”