New Beginnings

Third Person POV

"Hi, I'm Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook said, holding out his hand.

"Kookie~" Taehyung whined quietly. Jungkook smiled, retracting his arm.

"You said we should start over." He said, shrugging.

"Not like that." Jungkook stopped smiling when he heard the tone of voice the man was using.

"Hey....it's okay, Taehyung."

"I feel like a stranger!" Taehyung suddenly said, tears streaming down his face. "I don't know you anymore, and you don't know me, but I can't start over, it's too painful to act like none of this happened! But it's painful to remember it did, too! I don't know what to do, Jungkook!"

"Taehyung..." Jungkook enveloped the crying man into his arms, rocking him back and forth and trying to comfort him the best that he could. "It's okay...it's okay, Taehyung."

"No! It's not, and it never will be! I left you, I left you alone when you needed me the most and-and-"

"Taehyung, it wasn't your fault. And it will never be your fault." Jungkook kissed the top of Taehyung's head. He didn't know how to make it so that the man knew he was not at fault, that he would never be at fault for what had happened.

Taehyung had helped him so much after he had felt this way.

But he had no idea how to help Taehyung in return, and that's what made him feel the worst.

But he would try.

He would love Taehyung with all he had, and show the elder that he would never be at fault for what happened to him.

To what happened to them.

It was a long while before Taehyung stopped crying.

Jungkook pulled away slightly and wiped the extra tears off of his face gently.

"I love you..." Jungkook whispered. "And don't ever tell yourself otherwise. I love you, and you are worth it. You will always be worth it."

Taehyung looked up into Jungkook's eyes, on the brink of tears again.

Jungkook didn't care how many times the man cried.

How many times he threw horrible words at himself.

Because every time Jungkook would be there to tell him that he was loved.

That he was beautiful.

Perfect.

That he wasn't alone.

He leaned down and placed another kiss onto the man, never growing tired of the taste of his lover's lips.

He held Taehyung with all he had.

He would never let go.

Jungkook knew that they had a lot to work out. A lot of things to talk about, but he also knew that everything would be okay. He had Taehyung back, he had the love of his life back, in his arms, as well as he could be. He was safe now, and that's all that mattered.

A small knock on the door interrupted the two. Jungkook turned to look at it, glaring at whoever was on the other side.

Jimin opened the door slowly, putting on a small, guilty smile.

"Sorry for interrupting, but something came up."

"What do you mean?" Jungkook demanded.

"You pissed some people off, Jungkook, when you killed..." Jimin waved his hand, glancing at Taehyung briefly.

All of them knew who exactly was being spoken about.

Jungkook got up, gently pulling Taehyung along with him. He turned to the man, and kissed him on the forehead. "I have to go. I'll be back soon, okay?" Taehyung nodded and watched as Jungkook stalked out of the room, leaving him alone with Jimin.

"Taehyung." The said man looked over at the man. "Do you want to meet the others?"

"The others..?"

"Jungkook built a family for himself. He built an empire." Jimin admitted.

"What?"

"After you...were gone, Jungkook disappeared, too. He contacted me only a little while ago, and I came here to see that he'd built a whole entire empire, made himself a new family."

"What does he do?" Jimin shook his head.

He didn't know how Taehyung would react.

"Mafia." Jimin muttered. "Jungkook's a mafia boss."

Taehyung froze, blinking. "H-he's a what?"

"He's a mafia boss, Taehyung. He built this whole entire empire just to find you. It was his only goal. To find you." Jimin didn't tell him that it was to exact revenge, since the man had thought Taehyung had just left him for the past five years, because he didn't think Taehyung would take that very well.

But he didn't lie when he said that the only reason Jungkook had built this empire was to find Taehyung.

"Please don't be mad at him, Taehyung. He only did it for you." Tae nodded.

He didn't like it, but there was nothing he could do. They had both been thrown onto different paths in life, and this is where they ended up.

The only thing Taehyung could do now was stay with Jungkook.

It was the only thing he would do.

Even if he hated the underground, hated the kind of world Jungkook lived in, he would stay. He would stay for Jungkook and he would accept it as it was.

_________________________

Hello! It's been awhile...

Anyway, this book is officially out of Hiatus!

Yay...😄