Who's He?

Jungkook led Taehyung into the small cafe, grabbing a menu from the waitress and sitting across from his lover. “Are you feeling soup today? Or do you want something heavier, Taehyung?”

The man looked thoughtful, before shrugging. “Maybe a light sandwich? I think I can handle a little more today.”

Jungkook beamed with pride, nodding. When the waitress came to take their orders, he ordered for the both of them, before turning back to Taehyung.

“I’m so proud of you, Taehyung. And I lov—“

“Jungkook?” The man was cut off by a female voice. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he turned, facing a woman wearing large, black sunglasses. She removed them, and Jungkook’s eyes widened, his jaw slackening in shock. “Oh my god, Kookie!”

“S-Soyeon.” He stuttered out. “What are you doing here? I thought you were in China?”

“Father sent me back. Isn’t that great!” The women slid into the booth seat right next to Jungkook, cozying up to him happily. She turned, her eyes taking in an utterly shocked Taehyung. She blinked, tilting her head.

“Who’s he..?” She asked, before suddenly smiling brightly. “Oh!...you made a new friend, Kookie?” The woman turned and directed the smile at Taehyung, kindly bowing her head in greeting.

“J-Jungkook?” Taehyung asked, turning to the pale man, who was frozen in his seat, looking like a deer caught in the headlights.

“Oh how rude of me. I’m Soyeon, Jungkookie’s fiancé.”

-

Taehyung rushed inside of the house, completely ignoring Jungkook as the man tried to run after him.

After the completely disastrous date, Taehyung had demanded to be taken home, not saying a single word to Jungkook afterwards. “Love—“

“Don’t call me that!” Taehyung yelled, slamming the door shut, before collapsing to the ground, sobbing his eyes out. Jungkook held his hand against the door, sighing in frustration.

“Jungkook!” Hoseok suddenly ran into the room. “Soyeon—“

“You’re a little late.” The male growled out, turning to Hoseok. “She showed up while we were on our date and now Taehyung hates me! I didn’t even get to explain to him!”

“You should have picked up your phone then! We tried to warn you.”

“I thought I broke things off with her.”

“You did, I distinctly remember you telling her that if she left for China that she couldn’t be engaged to you…” Hoseok said, trailing off. “But you never said anything about when she returned.”

“I thought it was implied.” The man replied, his tone dry. He sighed and turned back to the door, the room that Taehyung had locked himself into. “Go away, Hyung, I have to talk to Taehyung.” Hoseok nodded and left, giving Jungkook some privacy.

With a hesitant hand, he knocked on the door. “Tae...love, please let me explain.” He said softly. He could hear the heart wrenching sobs coming from the other room. “Please…” he whispered.

He heard the sound of the doorknob turning, and he nearly crumpled to his knees when he saw how heartbroken Taehyung looked. The man sniffed, turning and walking further into the room, but leaving the door open.

Jungkook quickly followed into the room, shutting the door behind him. He then quickly made his way over to Taehyung, brining him tightly into his arms. “I’m so sorry.” Jungkook finally breathed out. “I had no idea she came back.”

“S-So you are engaged?”

“I was.” Jungkook admitted. “It was supposed to be a business deal, but her father sent her off to China and I told her that we would no longer be engaged if she went. But she left anyway...but I guess I never specified what would happen if she returned.”

“S-So you aren’t engaged?”

“No, technically not. The contract was broken, however I don’t think Soyeon got the message. She’s a really nice girl, I promise you. She’ll understand.”

“S-She likes you a l-lot.”

“And I love you a lot.” Jungkook replied back, kissing the crown of Taehyung's head. “Soyeon isn’t a home wrecker, she’ll understand. I promise. I’ll just talk to her and then everything will be better.” Taehyung looked down at his feet, but he nodded, trusting Jungkook. “O-Okay.” He whispered softly.

Jungkook gave him a small smile. “I love you, Taehyung, you and only you, don’t forget that, Okay?”

“Okay…”