Stolen Place

The next day, Soyeon walked into the house and instantly enveloped Jungkook into a hug, kissing him on the lips as well.

Taehyung witnessed all of it, his heart twinging with hurt. Jungkook cleared his throat, drawing himself away from Soyeon.

“Kookie, I’ve so much to tell you about my trip! Everything was just absolutely gorgeous in China and—“

“Perhaps we can go get some lunch, Soyeon? I have some things that I would like to discuss with you as well.” Soyeon nodded, smiling and looped her arm around Jungkook’s.

Taehyung watched the two go, but he didn’t allow any bad feelings to grow too large in his chest.

He knew that Jungkook was doing it so that he could break things off with Soyeon.

However, when the man returned that night, Taehyung brimming with questions on how it went...the man simply changed the subject, and Taehyung noticed the slightly guilty expression on his face.

It only got worse the next day, when Soyeon showed up the next day, gave Jungkook a big hug, kissed him on the lips and then dragged him out for the day.

The man wouldn’t return until the evening, and Taehyung was beginning to feel betrayed. It was obvious that he hadn’t broken off the engagement yet, hadn’t cleared things up with Soyeon, and Taehyung didn’t know how much longer he could stand having Jungkook getting affection from someone else.

Jungkook would return home and change the topic whenever Taehyung would ask what was going on, and the man was starting to grow disheartened.

He thought Jungkook wanted him, but doubts were beginning to fill his mind, and the more he saw of Soyeon and her smile, her beautiful features, her kindness...the more Taehyung realized that maybe she was better suited for Jungkook then he was.

The other members in the house began to notice the change and shift of the atmosphere. Jungkook wasn’t in the house all day, and Taehyung would lock himself in his room, not coming out to eat or do anything really. The man was beginning to lose the weight he’d gained over the past few months, and everyone was beginning to get worried.

Except for Jungkook.

In reality, Soyeon was Jungkook’s friend, they’d met each other when they were both in bad places and had helped each other out, and he didn’t want to hurt her feelings, plus she never gave him a chance to talk. Everytime he tried to sit down and have a serious conversation with her about the engagement, it seemed like there was something to do, something to see.

And Jungkook really was a gentleman. He wasn’t going to go out of his way to be rude to a woman who had befriended him and was always nice. Soyeon wasn’t a bad person, she was just assertive.

Finally, it was Jimin who had had enough. “Jeon fucking Jungkook!” The man yelled as soon as the said man entered his home. Jungkook jumped, his eyes wide as he stared at his long time friend. “What the fuck do you think you’re doing? Do you even know how much you’re hurting Taehyung right now?”

“What?”

“He hasn’t been eating, he hasn’t been leaving his fucking room...and what are you doing? Going on and having fun with your fiancé? That you promised you would leave? Taehyung is in a delicate position right now, and you’re supposed to be helping him, not making it ten fucking times worse!” The man shouted.

Jungkook frowned. “I’m not meaning to—“

“Don’t fucking talk to me. I’m not the one you need to fucking talk to, Jungkook.” Jimin turned and stalked away. Jungkook sighed and slowly made his way to his room, opening the door to find Taehyung curled up on their bed, his back facing the door.

“Love?” He asked. But he got no response. He slowly walked towards Taehyung and sat on the edge of the bed, placing a hand on the man’s lower back. “Love, I know you’re awake, please look at me.”

“Do you even love me anymore?” Was the first thing that Taehyung said when he finally turned to face Jungkook. The man’s eyes widened and he startled back. “Of course I love you, Taehyung, how could you think that I don’t?”

“B-because you’ve spent the past week with a Soyeon, you haven’t broken off your engagement, and you let her k-kiss and hug you and you barely even l-look at me nowadays….”

“I’m so sorry, love.” Jungkook whispered, his face falling as he slowly lowered himself down, wrapping Taehyung into his arms as they laid no the bed together. “I didn’t realize, fuck I’m such an idiot—“

“Are you replacing me? With her?”

“No, God, no, love. I only love you. It’s just...Soyeon is my friend, and I don’t want to hurt her feelings.”

“Y-you said she would understand.”

“She will, just...fuck, you know what? I’ll tell her tomorrow, I promise. I won’t let her distract me or talk over me anymore, I’ll sit her down and tell her. I promise, I promise, love.”

Taehyung nodded slowly, turning to finally face Jungkook. He looked up and their lips pressed together softly. “I trust you.” Taehyung whispered. “Please don’t hurt me again.”

“I won’t. I won’t, love.”

”