Bird in the Watchtower

SOOOOO this one-shot has been sitting in the waiting to be finished pile for quite some time now (Since the 25th of November XD) And I believe it is time for it to be completed! So lucky you little one-shot! Now if I could get around to the other ones that'd be fabulous . . .

ANYWAY!!! Have a Star Stellar Day Week Month and Year!

Normal POV

"Do I have to go, Bruce?" Dick asked.

"Yes Dickie, and it'll be fine." Bruce smiled down at his ward. Bruce had to go to a meeting as Bruce Wayne and Alfred had a family issue he had to deal with. So, (after a lot of begging done by the JL's side) Bruce allowed Dick to stay with them for the day.

But Dick did not wanna go. He'd heard all about the Justice League and had been wanting to meet them for a while. But since Bruce wasn't going he didn't want to go.

"It's just one day Dickie. They're all nice I promise." Bruce said. Dick pouted but put on his Robin costume. He walked back over to Bruce who was in his outfit too and they walked through the Zeta-Tube.

~~~~~~WaTcHtOwEr~~~~~~

When the Dynamic Duo walked through the tube, many Leaguers stood by the entrance. Wonder Woman, Flash, Superman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Martian Manhunter, if you wanna be specific. Robin quickly hid under Batman's cape before he was seen by the older heroes.

"Hey, Bruce." Flash said as he walked over to the Bat. The speedster looked around the man, "Where's the kid?"

Bruce looked to where his son was standing moments ago, only to see an empty spot. He lifted up his cape to see the 8 year old clinging to his leg.

The Dark Knight bent down and looked towards Dick. "Come on Chum, it'll be fine. I'll be back in a few hours, and you get to have fun with these guys." He whispered. Dick pouted again but let go of Bruce's leg.

Flash smiled down at Dick, Dick smiled back. Bruce took that opportunity to get away. He waved goodbye to his son then left.

"So your Batman's partner?" Green Arrow smirked. Dick nodded. "So do you know who we are?" Dick smiled and nodded again. He found the leagues identities on the Bat-computer when Bruce wasn't home.

"So there's no need for costumes then." GA smirked before taking off his mask. They were gonna tell the kid their identities anyway, but they wanted to be dramatic.

"So what should we do, Dick?" Flash asked the boy. Dick pursed his lips in thought.

"Games?" The boy asked cutely, bouncing on the balls of feet.

The guys smiles and the girls cooed. I mean c'mon? The kid was adorable!

"How about hide-and-seek?" Dick smiled. Yes, he may appear adorable, but little Dickie was a very mischievous 8 year old.

"Ok I'll seek then." BC smiled as she took off her mask. Everyone else nodded before Dinah turned around and began counting.

~~~~~~100 SECONDS LATER~~~~~

"READY OR NOT HERE I COME!" Dinah shouted. The watchtower was big, but she knew no one would go to far so she searched the kitchen first.

"Your amazing at this game y'know?" Dinah rolled her eyes as she stepped through the kitchen doorway. She was not surprised to see Barry rummaging through the fridge.

Barry jumped and dropped some of the food he'd been horning in his arms. He slowly turned around with a slice of bread hanging from his mouth. Dinah sighed, Barry laughed nervously.

"Come on, your gonna help me find the others." Dinah grabbed Barry's arm and began dragging him away from the pile of food he'd left on the counter. She barely heard him whisper 'but what about my sandwich . . .'

Barry and Dinah were walking though the halls, looking for any sign of the others.

But then they heard a quiet, "no no no no." Before loud crashing and stumbling. Barry went to open the door that went to the closet to find Clark stuffed awkwardly in it.

Clark smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. "Uhh, Hi."

"Alright so we got everyone." Barry smiled as he looked over his teammates. But someone was missing . . .

"Wait where's, Dick?" Clark said. Everyone's brain clicked as they realized the person who had started the game was no where in sight.

Oliver shrugged. "He is Bruce's kid." Everyone nodded and began to search for the final hider.

"ALRIGHT DICK ITS BEEN A FEW HOURS TIME TO COME OUT!" The Justice League, supposedly the Earth's defenders, were panicking.

They could not, find Dick. They had literally searched everywhere. But the protege of Batman, ward of Bruce Wayne, was not found.

"DICK!"

"COME ON OUT BUD!"

"YOU WIN! GAMES OVER!"

Yeah, yelling wasn't working much either.

"WAIT GUYS I FOUND HIM!" Clark yelled in a lower voice. Everyone ran over to him, only to see him staring at a wall.

They all looked at him oddly, Clark just quietly muttered, "He's asleep in the vents." Everyone smiled and J'ohn used his powers to bring Dick out.

J'ohn levitated Dick into Dinah's arms and the boy instantly curled into her. Everyone cooed over the sleeping boy quietly as he slept. The group decided to watch a quick movie while they waited for Bruce to come back.

They sat on the couch, Dick still curled up on Dinah's lap. And turned the movie onto a low volume and waited.

Batman-02

The robotic voice announced Bruce's arrival.

The Caped Crusader walked into the living room searching for his team. The JL saw him walk in and motioned for him to stay quiet. Bruce rose an eyebrow in confusion, everyone simply pointed towards Dinah who still held the sleeping child.

Bruce smiled softly before walking over to Dinah to get his little bird. Dick stirred as Bruce picked him up.

Dick smiled sleepily and mumbled a quiet "Bruce" before falling back asleep. Bruce nodded his thanks to his team before leaving through the zeta-tube.

YAY! CRAP! Part of this was done like months ago, as I said earlier, but I didn't feel like redoing any of it XD.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!