Stakeout

Normal POV

"How you doin' up there, bud?" Batman said through his comm to the nine-year-old Robin.

Through a muffled yawn the acrobat replied, "Nothing yet."

It was a roughly 3am. Bruce was leaving for a stakeout when his small ward asked if he could help out as his alter ego. Bruce knew Dick had never done one and would most likely not last the night. But agreed, he knew the situation wasn't major so the boy couldn't get hurt in anyway.

Bruce, now obviously Batman, was surprised his partner had made it this long.

And if were gonna be honest. Bruce had dealt with the problem long ago. It literally took him minutes because of how minor it turned out to be.

But it was amusing to see his young son try to stay awake so he could help. Bruce knew that the kid had been dying to go on a stakeout, so Bruce allowed him to try and stay awake a bit past his bedtime.

"See anything yet, chum?" Batman said though the earpiece. He was met with silence as a reply and knew exactly what it meant. The Dark Knight stood up with a small grunt and walked over to where his son had been hiding.

And there laid the little bird, his cape being used as a blanket as he slept. Bruce smiled down at him before slowly picking him up as to not wake him.

Bruce used his own cape to cover up the avian as he slept to shield him from the outside world as he walked back to the batmobile.