Countdown to 100!

Normal POV

"Here we go!" Jason exclaimed as he finally got the item out of the bag. He'd only come to the manor because he wanted to meet the Talon kid.

And on first impression, he was definitely . . . odd.

When Jason had came through the door a couple of mornings ago, Damian had greeted him and told him a little bit about Dick. (More like laid down rules on what not to do around him)

He had taken it all into consideration. This kid was an ex-Talon, and was still figuring out how to function like a somewhat average person.

Jason followed Damian to the dining room. Dick was seated there glaring, at a bowl of cereal. Jason had introduced himself, even got a handshake from the kid.

What he didn't expect was for Dick to be so, lack of a better word, protective over Damian.

Jason had only shoved his older brother lightly after one of his taunts. And before Damian could even say a word back, Dick had pinned Jason to the ground and had a plastic spoon pressed to his neck.

Damian got Dick of off Jason, but the boy continued to glare daggers his way.

Jason didn't stay long enough to see what would happen afterwards.

But he did come back the next day. Kneeling down towards Dick and telling him he didn't mean to hurt Damian.

The glare the boy had been sporting did ease up a bit, his small face becoming neutral. Jason took that as a win. This time Jason stayed over longer, talking over some things with Damian. Dick always nearby.

It was the next day that Jason finally got the "hang out" with Dick. Damian had to go, Wayne Enterprise and all his civilian identity work related things, had called him. Told him he HAD to come in.

Reluctantly, Damian let Jason watch Dick for the day. Telling Alfred keep an eye on them, just in case.

Jason pulled a stuffed elephant out of the bag, holding it out to Dick who stared at it.

"You're always super tense, I thought this might help." Jason smiled, trying to reassure Dick in anyway.

Slowly, Dick reached out and grabbed the stuffed animal, holding it out in front of himself. He was inspecting it, attempting to figure out what to do with it.

Jason chuckled softly and pushed the toy towards Dick a bit more. "You can hug it, just keep it close to you. They help some people feel more calm."

Dick looked down at the toy. Finally bringing it to his chest, wrapping his arms around it.

And damn it, Jason had to admit it was pretty cute. The elephant was nearly the size of Dick's torso, making Dick look even smaller.

Dick stared back at the toy, huffing as he looked it over. He pulled it closer, lightly squeezing it. Jason smiled and held a hand out for Dick to grab.

Jason was about to pull his hand back as Dick just stared at it. Before he could Dick grabbed it, squeezing it lightly. Jason smiled as he lead them to see what they could do.

They went to a playground, Jason wasn't sure he was even aloud to bring Dick outside. But the kid was paler than his bedsheets, the kid needed a little sun.

Jason wasn't an idiot, he didn't bring Dick to any children-filled public park. He remembered a small playground that was behind the manor. It was a small walk away, but no one ever came to it because of the woods besides it. It was the perfect spot.

Luckily the place was deserted when they got there, and it still looked clean and safe. Dick tugged at Jason's hand to get his attention.

"Yeah?" Dick responded with a small head tilt. Jason could only think if Stephanie was here, he was sure she would have screamed because of how adorable Dick looked.

"This is a park, well this is a playground. You just come here to . . . Well play." Jason shrugged, looking over the small place. Dick turned to look at the place, not fully understanding.

Jason gave Dick's hand a small squeeze. Getting the boy to look up at him. "C'mon, let's see if we can get you to have some fun."

Damian walked into the living room, following Alfred's instructions to find Jason and Dick. He didn't know what they did all day, but the fact that Jason was A) uninjured and alive.  And B) sitting close to Dick on the couch. He could assume things went well.

Damian walked over to the couch, finally hearing Jason, who was talking quietly. Damian saw a book in Jason's hands and a stuffed animal in Dick's.

"So that's what was in the bag." Damian thought, remembering the bag Jason had walked in with.

Dick turned around from the couch, locking eyes with Damian. Jason saw and turned around too.

"Hey Damian." Jason closed the book, folding the page corner and placing it on the table. Dick got off the couch, walked over to Damian and showed him the elephant.

"Did Jason give that to you?" Dick pulled the stuffed animal back to his chest and nodded. Damian picked Dick up easily due to the boy's small height, and turned back to Jason. "What did you do?"

"We spent most of the day at the playground in the back. Came back here for lunch, went back. And about an hour ago we came back and decided to read a book." Jason listed.

Damian nodded, about to thank Jason for watching Dick.

"Fun . . ." Damian probably wouldn't have heard it if Dick wasn't right by his ear. A small smile made its way to Damian's face.

"What did he say?" Jason asked, almost bouncing on the balls of his feet. Dick hadn't said a word, but for Damian to smile it had to have been because of the kid.

"He said he had fun." Jason's smile looked like it was hurting his face, but he brightened instantly at the words.

"I had fun too, Dick." He smiled, getting off the couch and ruffling Dick's hair from over Damian's shoulder. "I'll come back another day and we can go again."

Dick nodded against Damian's shoulder, communication done for the day.

Jason turned and walked out of the manor, yelling a quick goodbye to Alfred and Damian. As soon as the doors closed Damian's phone buzzed.

He pulled it out and saw a text from Jason.

'Snuck a few pictures!' Attached were a couple of pictures of him and Dick at the park. Most of which were of Dick attempting to figure how to use the equipment, then him using it in some extravagant way. Flips off the monkey bars, swinging until he got it to flip over. Dick even had a small smile in some of the pictures.

(Jason may have gotten the pictures to show the Outlaws his new little brother. But Damian didn't need to know that.)

Damian looked over the boy he had taken it, glad he got one day to act somewhat like his age. Then he climbed up the stairs, putting Dick into bed with the elephant he wouldn't let go off. 

YAY another Talon!Dick chapter. I honestly have no idea why I like these so much, but a few others liked it too so I thought I'd do another!

ALSO! Go and check out my friend AshlynnStarr new book 'Behind the Mask' it's a Marvel/Spiderman story and the first chapter looks pretty good to me! She's a good writer (and gives me far to much praise) so go shower her with compliments!

Don't forget to ask questions and leave suggestions!

HAVE A STAR STELLAR DAY WEEK MONTH AND YEAR!!