Chapter 3

Alibaba's Pov

I grimace as an image of Aladdin pops into my head. No, don't think about it! Didn't I already decide to depend only on myself to solve this!? I freeze when I hear a strange sound coming from my window.

"Who's there!?" I turn around only to see nothing. "Just now... it looked like someone was there?" I sigh, shaking my head at myself. I begin to climb into my bed to rest for the night. I must be really tried to start hallucinating like that. I'll just worry about everything tomorrow. I start to close my eyes and relax before they snap back open. Morgiana is right above me with a scary look on her face. I open my mouth to scream, but she's too fast.

"Don't make a noise, or else I'll make you lose consciousness," She mutters. My eyes widen in panic. I quickly start to try and fight my way out but she simply punches me in the stomach. I cough before collapsing to my knees.

"W-What's the meaning of this?" I wheeze. "How did you find me?"

"I remembered your scent and followed it here," She answers like it's perfectly normal. "I wanted to ask you what exactly happened. Why did you become a thief? Please tell your reasons to Aladdin."

I frown and look away from her. "No. I've nothing to say to him. This is the thieves' hideout. You should go now before you're killed."

"No, I won't leave. Not before you tell me your reasons. In order to meet you again, Aladdin had to make quite a long journey these past months. Six months ago, when you were still in Qishan, didn't you try everything to search for Aladdin, too? I think you still have things to have to tell him."

"No means no. That was in the past, it doesn't matter now."

"Why not?" She glares at me.

"No matter what, I just can't."

"And what exactly do you mean by that? Is there something stopping you from doing so!?" She suddenly yells at me. I jump slightly before glaring towards the ground.

"It has nothing to do with you! Shut up! This is my problem! Once a man decides on something, women should keep their mouths shut!" I yell at her. I instantly start to regret it when she slams her foot down. The ground cracks open from the force. I gulp loudly when she glares at me.

"There is no way that it doesn't concern us," She mumbles before lifting me up in her arms. My face pales when she steps out onto the ledge of my window. "You guys need to talk a little. I'll bring you to meet Aladdin!" She jumps out the window with that.

Amir's Pov

I stare at the space in front of me in pure boredom. I'm sitting with my father, Ja'far, and Masrur to discuss the events of the night before. I don't even know why I'm here. Father had asked to me to join them for this, but he has yet to say a word to me since then. I can't help but wonder what he has planned.

"Judging from what happened last night the ones that attacked you in your area weren't part of the Fog Troupe, but just ordinary citizens, am I right?" Ja'far asks my father and Masrur.

My father nods slowly. "That's right. They were citizens that could no longer endure the hardships of extreme poverty. But to go to the extent of attacking and raiding the rich's homes. It seems that Balbadd is experiencing a major economic gap. Just what is going on here?"

"The country seems to be having a chaotic problem with the economy. This may be one of the reasons. Not only that, other countries seem to be intervening with this country's affairs," Ja'far sighs before shaking his head lightly at this problem.