Chapter 8

Sinbad's Pov

"Sin. How's the progress of making Alibaba the King of this country?" Ja'far asks as he walks to me. I look at him before shaking my head.

"Ah. He has already lost his confidence. He didn't give Amir and I the reply that we wished to hear," I look over towards the gate to this clearing when it suddenly slams open. Alibaba stands there with his head down.

"Sinbad," He looks up to meet my eye. "Please teach me how to use a djinn. I need power. I need the power necessary to protect this country!" I look at him in mild shock before I nod.

"Alright," I smile at him. "Then we'll begin training immediately. Follow me." I wave for Ja'far to stay behind as I lead Alibaba to a deserted clearing. "Now call forth your djinn," I order him once we arrive. He nods, his confidence never wavering. He takes his blade out and holds it in front of him.

"Stern and dignified spirits of etiquette, in the name of my magoi, and my will to grant me a greater power, I order you and your members. Come forth, Amon!" I watch the flames burst from the sword and surround him.

"Wrong," I shake my head at him. "You need to envelop your own body more with Amon's flames. The proper way to use your djinn is different from what you usually do. You need to compress your djinn's large power into your own body and allow yourself to materialize as your own djinn. That is the basics of using a djinn!" I watch as he fails to compress his djinn's power over and over until his magoi runs dry. He kneels on the ground, panting and sweating heavily. "Your magoi has finally run out. You should have probably realized this. When the magoi that you have been storing up in your djinn's metal vessel runs out, you can't unleash anymore of it's power. So, you must take note of your magoi capacity."

"Yes," He nods. "What must I do to restore my magoi again?"

"Once you have recovered your own physical strength, place your metal vessel on yourself for a few hours and it will be fully restored again," I explain.

"What happens if your magoi runs out during a battle?" I smile slightly at him. That's actually a good question.

"Well then you will be in a dangerous situation. However, it's not like there aren't any other methods to restore your magoi. Another method is..." He nods in understanding.

"Alright, I think I understand that part. But I don't really get what you mean by compressing the djinn's power within my own body."

"Ah. You have seen Aladdin's djinn, right? He's very strong. By supplying large amounts of magoi into the metal vessel, it will allow the djinn to materialize its body. However, this is something only Magi like Aladdin can do. For people like us who have smaller magoi capacities, we are unable to materialize djinns. But by possessing yourself with your djinn's powers and assimilating with those powers, you will be able to obtain the same strength as the materialized djinn. And that is what you call enveloping yourself with the djinn's powers or simply put, djinn equip!"

"A djinn equip?" He tilts his head slightly. I just smile at him.

"After succeeding in djinn equip, you will possess the same outward appearance as your djinn. That Princess' djinn is probably something close to that of a fish."

"Then what technique was that when you dispelled my flames with a slight touch the other day?" He questions and stands up.

"Ah, that. I just simply controlled the magoi within my body to counteract your magoi. However, this magoi control technique that I mastered is from training with a special tribe in the mountains for about a year. You can't learn it in a day or two."