Chapter 12

Amir's Pov

I smile to myself as I watch Aladdin train with Yam. I'm glad Yam didn't hold a grudge against him from when they first met. My smile dims a little at the thought. It's pretty obvious that Aladdin is into women and not men. In fact, it's painfully obvious. I sigh softly, my smile completely gone as I stare at them. I haven't told anyone else that I can see the rukh yet. I'm not sure how I should go about doing it.

"Oh, you're working hard," I hear from behind me. I jump slightly and turn to see my father and Morgiana.

"Sinbad! And Morgiana!" Alibaba turns to them.

"Alibaba. It's training time for that metal vessels of yours," Father smiles at him. Alibaba is quick to follow him. I sigh deeply before I walk over to Yam.

"Oh Amir," She smiles at me. I weakly smile back, causing her to frown. "Is something bothering you?" She asks softly. I quickly glance at Aladdin, making sure he can't hear us.

"Yeah, kind of," I look down, frowning. She lays her hand on my shoulder.

"Want to talk about it?"

"No, not really," I look up quickly when I hear the guards yelling.

"It's a rampaging Moray!" They scream, running to find my father. "A ramping Moray has appeared!" I stiffen in fear as the people begin to cheer.

"W-What's going on!?" Aladdin shouts, running to us.

"It's time for the hunt!" Yam grins. I silently grab his hand and begin to lead him to the monster. I assume Yam is going to find my father.

"Amir?" He frowns slightly in confusion.

"Sorry" I mumble, looking at him as I stop walking. "A Moray is a sea monster that attacks the island. I-It's the same monster that killed Naji." I quickly begin to pull him towards it again. I can tell that he is shocked and worried, but he doesn't question me.

"Wha!? That monster is," I hear Morgiana yell as we grow closer.

"We have to do something or the residents of the island will-!!" Alibaba cuts himself off as the people begin to crowd around, cheering in delight. "This is dangerous! Everyone run!" He screams at them.

"Why is everyone so happy!?" Morgiana shouts in confusion.

"Alibaba, Mor!" Aladdin quickly runs up to them. I quickly move to catch up with him.

"Calm down," I tell them firmly. They look at me in confusion. "This is just another hunt."

"A hunt?" Alibaba frowns in confusion.

"Here they come!!" The people begin to cheer louder.

"I have to go," I sigh softly. I grab my staff off my back and use it to float up to the cliff everyone is staring at.

"Our King, Prince, and the Eight Generals!" The people shout. I land beside my father, in the middle of the generals.

"Decide today's hunt with your sword, Sharrkan!" My father shouts above the crowd.

"Leave it to me, your Majesty!" Sharrkan pulls his sword out and jumps off the cliff. "Over here, you big monster!" I watch stiffly as attacks the beast. "Household vessel, Foraz Saika!" He shouts, chopping the monsters head off.

"Amazing, in one move, the neck is-!" Alibaba shouts in awe. I look towards him to see that all three of them are here. I tilt my head a little, wondering how they made it up here so fast.

"No, there's more," My father speaks, crossing his arms. We watch as Sharrkan continues to attack the monster.

"It's plated!?" Alibaba shouts in shock when Sharrkan finishes. I chuckle softly at him. I guess this is a bit strange for newcomers.

"Everyone, share it harmoniously!" Sharrkan grins at the people.

"How.. how skillful!" Alibaba says.

"He's only trying to gain attention, that guy!" Yam glares down at him. I can't help but to smirk a this. Sharrkan soon makes his way back to us.

"This is how it is, Alibaba. This person will be your swordplay master. His name is Sharrkan," My father introduces him.

"Nice to meet you!" Sharrkan grins, leaning in close to Alibaba. "I've heard that the reason you're looking for a teacher is that you wanted to improve your fencing no matter what?"

"Yes!" Alibaba grins widely.

"I see. So you like swordplay that much. Understanding the value in swords, you have promise." Sharrkan nods to himself then throws his arm over Alibaba's shoulder. "Erm, what was your name again?"

"I'm Alibaba!" Alibaba says cheerfully.

"Alibaba, is it!? For men, it has to be swordplay, right-" He's cut off by Yam.

"Alibaba, if you talk too much with that guy, you'll be infected with fencing idiocy," She says, completely serious. I smirk to myself. Yam and Sharrkan don't get along most of the time. They're always fighting over swordplay and magic, but I know that they secretly like each other.

"What do you mean?" Sharrkan turns to face her, releasing Alibaba in the process. "This is why magic users are annoying. You're so arrogant even though you're weak. For someone who only knows magic, you'll never understand the beauty of the heights overcome while depending only on swords and your skills. Swords are the best!" He glares coldly at her.

"Magic is the best! But for a person like you, who is infatuated with himself, swinging around a metal plate, you'll never understand. Even the power of your household's vessel is all because of magic!" She meets his glare, never backing down.

"Hmph, I can defeat you even if I'm only using swordplay," Sharrkan smirks at her.

"What did you say!? Try it if you dare!" They both get into a battle stance. We all continue to watch silently as they lunge towards one another. I laugh softly with my father as they begin to pull at each other's faces and yell childish names at each other.

"It's great that you have teachers who love fencing and magic!" Father turns his back to the fight, smiling brightly. "Aladdin and Alibaba, you should also be determined not to depend on each other and to get stronger!" Sharrkan and Yam stomp over to us, grabbing their new students.

"I see," Sharrkan mumbles.

"I can't wish for more," Yam glares at him.

"Then let's compete, by seeing whose disciple is stronger!" They both shout at the same time.

"What!?" Aladdin panics. I grin as I watch them bicker again.

"I'm glad that I have Masrur with me," Morgiana suddenly speaks up. I look at her and Masrur, laughing softly to myself. She did get lucky.

"But start their training tomorrow," Father speaks up. They both stop fighting and look at him in confusion.

"Huh?" They question.

"Tonight, we celebrate Mahrajan!" Father grins widely.

~~~

Please comment and vote~! ^.^