Chapter 9

Alibaba's Pov

My eyes narrow on a man that looks like a large cat jumping down from a small balcony. I only begin to run faster. "You're blocking my way! Move!" I yell as our swords meet. My sword cuts through his with ease. Amazing! The sword of Amon can even cut through steel! I raise my sword and charge him again. I'll finish this in one stroke! Just as I was about to hit him, Amon's sword disappears. My eyes widen in shock.

"Seems like you've exhausted your magoi," The cat like man says. He smirks before he slowly begins to walk towards me, drawing another sword. "I see you are a dungeon capturer, but once you deplete your magoi you cannot use your djinn. I was just thinking about facing you in a contest as swordsmen." He draws his sword back as he runs to me. I glare at him, watching him closely as I grab one of the small barrels I've been carrying with me. I throw it at him, soaking him in oil. I quickly make a spark with my blade when he gets close enough. The oil catches on fire, surrounding us with bright flames. "What are you thinking? Playing with fire won't work."

"Amon!" I yell. The flames surrounding us are quickly absorbed into my sword, transforming it back into Amon's weapon. Without wasting a second, I cut him down. "Sorry but, I'm not fooling around." With that I continue to the throne room. I slam the doors open, causing all the guards that are gathered here to turn to me in shock. "Ahbmad!" I yell at him from across the room. "This time, I came to settle the score!" Just as I say this I notice a large hole with dead guards laying inside it between Ahbmad and I. I stare in horror. What is this? Was it done by those monsters!?

"Banker, somehow the bodyguards haven't served their purpose," Ahbmad speaks calmly.

"Yes. However, it seems that in that battle, he has used up all his magoi. He cannot use his djinn anymore," The Banker informs him. The guards in the room quickly surround me.

"From here on I won't be needing the djinn's power. The people in here are different from those monsters. They're all citizens of Balbadd. I don't intend to kill them," I meet Ahbmad eyes as I speak. "Abhmad. I came here to dismiss this country and its imperial ruse from you!" The guards begin to mumble to themselves in confusion.

"Kill him," Ahbmad orders in a lazy fashion. The guards all look at him in shock. "What are you still doing? Execute the rebel. Banker has said that he already used all of his strength so there is nothing to fear." The guards draw closer to me as he speaks.

"All of you, stand back!" I order. "I came in the name of a Prince of Balbadd to speak with King Ahbmad! Do you really think this country can continue on as it is!? All of you should already realize the state the country is in now!"

"Kill him. That thing is just trash from the slums. Don't pay him any heed!" Ahbmad glares coldly at me. The guards quickly move in, trapping me with their spears.

"Let go!" I yell, trying to pry them off.

"L-Let go of Alibaba!" Everyone freezes before looking to the owner of the voice.

"Sahbmad!?" Ahbmad glares at him.

"Brother, I-I..." Sahbmad trembles before lowering his head.

"Don't bother. You all proceed with the command. Kill that thing!" Ahbmad yells.

"Barkak!" Sahbmad suddenly screams. He turns around to face us. "Please capture and suppress the royal guards!" Barkak quickly does as he is ordered with ease.

"You lapdog of the first King. I knew that you would defy me and finally you lost your mind. Barkak!" Ahbmad screams in fury. "The rest of you! Don't listen to this worthless person here!" He stands up, pointing his staff at Sahbmad. "This person is just an accessory! Just a fool who has no right to speak in politics! You all know that already, don't you!?"